Table of Contents
The Georgia Southern Eagles and the Buffalo Bulls will play in the Camellia Bowl on December 27, 2022, with kickoff at 12:00 PM ET, airing on ESPN.
The Bulls are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+3.5), versus the Eagles (with an over/under of 67.5 points).
Create your Bowl Pick’em Pool with the Internet’s #1 pool creation and hosting platform. Get 15 friends together and play for free!
Start here >
Game Info and Betting Lines for Georgia Southern vs. Buffalo
- Game Day: Tuesday, December 27, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Montgomery, Alabama
- Stadium: Cramton Bowl
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Georgia Southern Betting Insights
- Buffalo is 7-5-0 against the spread this year.
- Buffalo is a 4-0 record against the spread in games it was an underdog by 3.5 points or more this season.
- Buffalo games have hit the over in seven out of 12 opportunities (58.3%).
Georgia Southern Stats & Insights
- While Georgia Southern ranks third-worst in the FBS in total defense with 498.6 yards allowed per game, it’s been a different situation offensively, as the Eagles rank 19th-best in the FBS (468.4 yards per game).
- With 32.3 points allowed per game on defense, which ranks 20th-worst in the FBS, Georgia Southern has been forced to rely on their 30th-ranked offense (33.7 points per contest) to keep them in games.
- Georgia Southern ranks 103rd in pass defense this year (257.4 passing yards allowed per game), but has been playing really well on the other side of the ball, ranking fourth-best in the FBS with 327.3 passing yards per game.
- Despite having a bottom-25 run defense that ranks third-worst in the FBS (241.2 rushing yards allowed per game), Georgia Southern has put up better results on offense, ranking 81st in the FBS by putting up 141.2 rushing yards per game.
- Georgia Southern sports the 83rd-ranked defense this year in terms of third-down efficiency (40.4% third-down percentage allowed), and has been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 22nd-best with a 46.1% third-down percentage.
- With 16 forced turnovers (60th in the FBS) against 19 turnovers committed (96th in the FBS), Georgia Southern’s -3-3 turnover margin ranks 100th in college football.
Georgia Southern’s Best Players
- Kyle Vantrease has 3,895 yards passing for Georgia Southern, completing 61.3% of his passes and recording 25 touchdowns and 15 interceptions this season.
- Jalen White has racked up 915 yards on 162 carries while finding the end zone 10 times as a runner. He’s also caught 22 passes for 217 yards (19.7 per game) and one touchdown through the air.
- Gerald Green has been handed the ball 86 times this year and racked up 475 yards (47.5 per game) with six touchdowns.
- Khaleb Hood’s team-high 890 yards as a receiver have come on 79 catches (out of zero targets) with three touchdowns.
- Derwin Burgess Jr. has hauled in 58 passes while averaging 71.7 yards per game and scoring seven touchdowns.
- Jeremy Singleton has racked up 66 receptions for 712 yards, an average of 64.7 yards per game. He’s scored two times as a receiver this season.
- Justin Ellis has racked up four sacks to lead the team, while also recording eight TFL and 40 tackles.
- Georgia Southern’s tackle leader, Marques Watson-Trent, has 97 tackles and two TFL this year.
- Tyler Bride has picked off a team-leading two passes. He also has 34 tackles, three TFL, and eight passes defended to his name.
Buffalo Betting Insights
- So far this year, Buffalo has put together a 7-5-0 record against the spread.
- Buffalo is 4-0 against the spread so far when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- The teams have hit the over in seven of Buffalo’s 12 games with a set total.
Buffalo Stats & Insights
- Buffalo is accumulating 376.4 total yards per game on offense this season (76th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is surrendering 391.3 total yards per contest (79th-ranked).
- In terms of points scored Buffalo ranks 63rd in the FBS (29.0 points per game), and it is 74th on defense (27.2 points allowed per contest).
- From an offensive angle, Buffalo is putting up 232.8 passing yards per contest (61st-ranked). It ranks 54th in the FBS on defense (216.2 passing yards given up per game).
- With 143.6 rushing yards per game on offense, Buffalo ranks 74th in the FBS. Defensively it ranks 99th, surrendering 175.1 rushing yards per contest.
- From an offensive perspective, Buffalo is generating a 37.0% third-down conversion rate (86th-ranked). It ranks 33rd in the FBS on defense (34.2% third-down rate allowed).
- At +4, Buffalo owns the 33rd-ranked turnover margin in the FBS, with 20 forced turnovers (21st in the FBS) and 16 turnovers committed (59th in the FBS).
Buffalo’s Best Players
- Cole Snyder has thrown for 2,765 yards on 59.2% passing while collecting 17 touchdown passes with eight interceptions this season. He’s also rushed for 140 yards with four scores.
- Michael Washington has carried the ball 143 times for 606 yards, with seven touchdowns.
- Ron Cook Jr. has run for 600 yards across 139 attempts, scoring four touchdowns. He’s chipped in with 16 catches for 207 yards.
- Justin Marshall has totaled 53 receptions this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 710 (59.2 yards per game). He’s been targeted zero times and has eight touchdowns.
- Quian Williams has racked up 643 receiving yards (53.6 yards per game) and five touchdowns on 56 receptions.
- Jamari Gassett has racked up 347 reciving yards (34.7 ypg) and two touchdowns this season.
- Shaun Dolac, the team’s tackle and sacks leader, has collected four sacks, 11 TFL and 130 tackles.
- Marcus Fuqua leads the team with seven interceptions, while also collecting 57 tackles, two TFL, and five passes defended.