Table of Contents
The Easypost Hawai’i Bowl will see the San Diego State Aztecs entering a showdown against the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders on Saturday, December 24, 2022. Kickoff is at 8:00 PM ET on ESPN.
The Aztecs are the favorites (-6.5) in their matchup versus the Blue Raiders, with the over/under at 49.5 points. (In terms of the moneyline, the Aztecs are -255 and the Blue Raiders are +205.)
Create your Bowl Pick’em Pool with the Internet’s #1 pool creation and hosting platform. Get 15 friends together and play for free!
Start here >
Game Info and Betting Lines for San Diego State vs. Middle Tennessee
- Game Day: Saturday, December 24, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
- Stadium: Clarence T.C. Ching Athletics Complex
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
San Diego State Betting Insights
- Middle Tennessee is 5-7-0 ATS this season.
- When it has played as at least 6.5-point underdogs this year, Middle Tennessee is 2-2 against the spread.
- Seven of Middle Tennessee’s 12 games with a set total have hit the over (58.3%).
San Diego State Stats & Insights
- San Diego State ranks 15th-worst in total offense (321.5 yards per game), but has been slightly better on defense, ranking 29th with 335.4 yards allowed per contest.
- San Diego State owns the 19th-best defense this season in terms of points allowed (20.2 points allowed per game), but rank 23rd-worst on offense (21.3 points per game).
- San Diego State ranks 13th-worst in passing offense (170.9 passing yards per game), but thas been a little better on defense, ranking 38th with 206.6 passing yards allowed per contest.
- From an offensive standpoint, San Diego State ranks 67th in the FBS with 150.6 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defensive unit ranks 37th in rushing yards allowed per contest (128.8).
- While San Diego State’s third-down defense ranks 55th with a 37.1% third-down percentage allowed per game, the offense has been less successful, ranking ninth-worst with a 29.8% third-down percentage.
- San Diego State ranks 100th in college football with a -1 turnover margin after forcing 18 turnovers (40th in the FBS) and committing 19 (96th in the FBS).
San Diego State’s Best Players
- Jalen Mayden has thrown for 1,721 yards (191.2 ypg) to lead San Diego State, completing 62.9% of his passes and collecting 10 touchdown passes compared to seven interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 205 rushing yards on 57 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Jordan Byrd, has carried the ball 91 times for 389 yards (32.4 per game), scoring three times.
- Jaylon Armstead has racked up 313 yards on 52 attempts, scoring two times.
- Tyrell Shavers’ team-leading 581 yards as a receiver have come on 34 catches (out of zero targets) with three touchdowns.
- Jesse Matthews has put together a 409-yard season so far with three touchdowns, hauling in 38 passes on zero targets.
- Mekhi Shaw has a total of 349 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in 29 passes and scoring three touchdowns.
- Jonah Tavai leads the team with eight sacks, and also has 11 TFL and 50 tackles.
- San Diego State’s leading tackler, Michael Shawcroft, has 72 tackles, nine TFL, and four sacks this year.
- Dallas Branch leads the team with three interceptions, while also collecting 26 tackles, four TFL, one sack, and one pass defended.
Middle Tennessee Betting Insights
- Middle Tennessee has a 5-7-0 record against the spread this season.
- Middle Tennessee is a 2-2 record against the spread when an underdog by 6.5 points or more this year.
- In Middle Tennessee’s 12 games with a set total, seven have hit the over (58.3%).
Middle Tennessee Stats & Insights
- Middle Tennessee is generating 390.5 total yards per game on offense this season (63rd-ranked). Meanwhile, it is giving up 413.3 total yards per game (99th-ranked).
- Middle Tennessee ranks 59th in the FBS with 29.2 points per game on offense, and it ranks 82nd with 28.1 points allowed per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- Middle Tennessee ranks 30th in passing yards per game (267.2), but it has been worse on the other side of the ball, ranking third-worst in the FBS with 291.3 passing yards conceded per contest.
- With 123.3 rushing yards per game on offense, Middle Tennessee ranks 98th in the FBS. On defense it ranks 28th, allowing 121.9 rushing yards per contest.
- In terms of third-down efficiency, Middle Tennessee ranks 101st in the FBS (35.9% third-down conversion percentage) and 75th defensively (39.4% third-down rate allowed).
- Middle Tennessee has excelled in terms of turnovers, as the team’s turnover margin of +9 ranks 10th-best in the FBS, with 26 forced turnovers (fourth in the nation) and 17 turnovers committed (73rd in the nation).
Middle Tennessee’s Best Players
- Chase Cunningham has thrown for 2,926 yards (266.0 per game) while completing 67.4% of his passes and recording 19 touchdown passes with nine interceptions this season. He’s also run for 143 yards with six touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Frank Peasant, has carried the ball 165 times for 747 yards (62.3 per game) with nine touchdowns. He’s also caught 26 passes for 276 yards and two touchdowns.
- Darius Bracy has compiled 257 yards on 63 carries with four touchdowns.
- Jaylin Lane has hauled in 829 receiving yards on 59 receptions to pace his squad so far this season while scoring four touchdowns as a receiver.
- Izaiah Gathings has 53 receptions (on zero targets) for a total of 490 yards (49.0 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Yusuf Ali has racked up 361 reciving yards (30.1 ypg) and two touchdowns this season.
- Jordan Ferguson paces the team with seven sacks, and also has 13 TFL and 57 tackles.
- Tra Fluellen, Middle Tennessee’s leading tackler, has 96 tackles, three TFL, and two interceptions this year.
- Decorian Patterson leads the team with six interceptions, while also putting up 67 tackles, one TFL, and seven passes defended.