Table of Contents
The San Jose State Spartans and the Eastern Michigan Eagles will play in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. The matchup is at 3:30 PM ET on December 20, 2022, and airs on ESPN.
The Spartans are favored, but by less than a touchdown (-3.5), against the Eagles. The over/under for this game is 54.5 points.
Create your Bowl Pick’em Pool with the Internet’s #1 pool creation and hosting platform. Get 15 friends together and play for free!
Start here >
Game Info and Betting Lines for San Jose State vs. Eastern Michigan
- Game Day: Tuesday, December 20, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Boise, Idaho
- Stadium: Albertsons Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
San Jose State Betting Insights
- So far this year, Eastern Michigan has compiled a 6-5-1 record against the spread.
- Eastern Michigan is a 4-1 record against the spread when an underdog by 3.5 points or more this year.
- Eastern Michigan games have hit the over in six out of 12 opportunities (50%).
San Jose State Stats & Insights
- San Jose State is putting up 356.1 yards per game on offense this year (94th in the FBS), and are surrendering 331.9 yards per game (26th) on defense.
- Defensively, San Jose State has been a top-25 unit, ranking 21st-best by allowing just 20.3 points per game. The offense ranks 74th (27.5 points per game).
- San Jose State ranks 33rd in pass offense (263.2 passing yards per game) and 43rd in pass defense (209.8 passing yards allowed per game) this season.
- San Jose State has been a bottom-25 run offense this season, ranking eighth-worst with 92.9 rushing yards per game. On defense, the Spartans are ranked 29th in the FBS (122.1 rushing yards allowed per game).
- San Jose State ranks 93rd in third-down efficiency (36.5%) on offense and 69th in third-down percentage allowed (38.9%) on defense this year.
- San Jose State has the sixth-best turnover margin in college football at +12, forcing 18 turnovers (40th in the FBS) while turning it over six times (second in the FBS).
San Jose State’s Best Players
- Chevan Cordeiro leads San Jose State with 2,876 yards (261.5 ypg) on 233-of-383 passing with 20 touchdowns and four interceptions this season. He also has 210 rushing yards on 129 carries while scoring eight touchdowns on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Kairee Robinson, has carried the ball 143 times for 696 yards (63.3 per game), scoring 10 times.
- Elijah Cooks’ 989 yards as a receiver pace the team. He’s been targeted zero times and has registered 64 receptions and 10 touchdowns.
- Justin Lockhart has hauled in 34 receptions totaling 566 yards so far this campaign.
- Jermaine Braddock has a total of 289 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in 25 throws.
- Junior Fehoko has 10 sacks to pace the team, and also has 17 TFL and 64 tackles.
- Kyle Harmon is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s amassed 92 tackles, four TFL, and three sacks.
- Tre Jenkins has a team-leading two interceptions to go along with 58 tackles, six TFL, two sacks, and five passes defended.
Eastern Michigan Betting Insights
- Eastern Michigan’s ATS record is 6-5-1 this season.
- In games it has played as at least 3.5-point underdogs this year, Eastern Michigan is 4-1 against the spread.
- Eastern Michigan games have gone over the point total in six out of 12 opportunities (50%).
Eastern Michigan Stats & Insights
- Eastern Michigan ranks 98th with 344.4 total yards per game on offense, and it ranks 30th with 337.6 total yards ceded per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- Eastern Michigan ranks 65th in the FBS with 28.8 points per contest on offense, and it ranks 89th with 28.6 points ceded per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- From an offensive standpoint, Eastern Michigan is putting up 205.0 passing yards per game (98th-ranked). It ranks 26th in the FBS defensively (193.7 passing yards surrendered per game).
- Eastern Michigan ranks 82nd in the FBS with 139.4 rushing yards per game on offense, and it ranks 58th with 143.9 rushing yards given up per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- Eastern Michigan’s defense has been a bottom-25 unit on third down this season, surrendering a 42.7% third-down conversion rate, which ranks 23rd-worst in the FBS. On the offensive side of the ball, it ranks 28th with a 42.7% third-down rate.
- At -1, Eastern Michigan has the 100th-ranked turnover margin in the FBS, with 15 forced turnovers (71st in the FBS) and 16 turnovers committed (59th in the FBS).
Eastern Michigan’s Best Players
- Taylor Powell leads Eastern Michigan with 1,720 yards on 146-of-225 passing with 14 touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season.
- Samson Evans has run for 1,082 yards on 223 carries so far this year while scoring 13 times on the ground.
- Jaylon Jackson has piled up 343 yards (on 79 attempts).
- Tanner Knue’s 597 receiving yards (54.3 yards per game) lead the team. He has 43 catches on zero targets with nine touchdowns.
- Hassan Beydoun has 48 receptions (on zero targets) for a total of 453 yards (37.8 yards per game) and four touchdowns this year.
- Dylan Drummond’s 30 grabs (on zero targets) have netted him 440 yards (48.9 ypg) and three touchdowns.
- Jose Ramirez has collected 12 sacks to lead the team, while also recording 18 TFL and 59 tackles.
- Chase Kline, Eastern Michigan’s leading tackler, has 80 tackles, one TFL, and one sack this year.
- Joshua Scott leads the team with two interceptions, while also collecting 28 tackles and six passes defended.