Table of Contents
The Toledo Rockets and the Liberty Flames play in the Roofclaim.com Boca Raton Bowl. The matchup is at 7:30 PM ET on December 20, 2022, and airs on ESPN.
The Flames are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+4), against the Rockets (with an over/under of 53.5 points).
Create your Bowl Pick’em Pool with the Internet’s #1 pool creation and hosting platform. Get 15 friends together and play for free!
Start here >
Game Info and Betting Lines for Toledo vs. Liberty
- Game Day: Tuesday, December 20, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Boca Raton, Florida
- Stadium: FAU Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Toledo Betting Insights
- Liberty is 5-7-0 against the spread this season.
- Liberty is a perfect 4-0 against the spread when an underdog by 4 points or more this year.
- The teams have hit the over in six of Liberty’s 12 games with a set total.
Toledo Stats & Insights
- Toledo is averaging 405.9 yards per game on offense (51st in the FBS), and rank 26th on defense, yielding 331.9 yards allowed per game.
- From an offensive standpoint, Toledo ranks 39th in the FBS with 32.1 points per game. Meanwhile, the team’s defense ranks 59th in points allowed (331.9 points allowed per contest).
- On defense, Toledo has been a top-25 unit in terms of passing yards, ranking 16th-best by surrendering just 185.5 passing yards per game. The Rockets rank 66th on offense (228.2 passing yards per game).
- From an offensive standpoint, Toledo ranks 47th in the FBS with 177.8 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defensive unit ranks 60th in rushing yards allowed per contest (146.5).
- Toledo is averaging a 39.1% third-down conversion rate offensively this year (67th in the FBS), and is allowing a 34.0% third-down conversion rate (30th) on the other side of the ball.
- With 17 forced turnovers (50th in the FBS) against 24 turnovers committed (125th in the FBS), Toledo (-7) has the 100th-ranked turnover margin in college football.
Toledo’s Best Players
- DeQuan Finn has thrown for 2,132 yards, completing 59.2% of his passes and collecting 22 touchdowns and 12 interceptions this season. He’s also run for 609 yards (55.4 ypg) on 113 carries with eight rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Jacquez Stuart, has carried the ball 111 times for 659 yards (50.7 per game), scoring four times.
- Jerjuan Newton’s team-high 788 yards as a receiver have come on 48 receptions (out of zero targets) with nine touchdowns.
- Devin Maddox has caught 38 passes for 536 yards (44.7 yards per game) and three touchdowns this year.
- DeMeer Blankumsee’s 37 grabs have turned into 470 yards and three touchdowns.
- Jamal Hines has five sacks to lead the team, and also has six TFL and 60 tackles.
- Dallas Gant is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s totaled 135 tackles and four TFL.
- Quinyon Mitchell has a team-leading five interceptions to go along with 40 tackles, three TFL, and 19 passes defended.
Liberty Betting Insights
- So far this year, Liberty has compiled a 5-7-0 record against the spread.
- Liberty is 4-0 against the spread so far this season when playing as at least 4-point underdogs.
- Six of Liberty’s 12 games with a set total have hit the over (50%).
Liberty Stats & Insights
- In terms of total yards, Liberty ranks 87th in the FBS (364.6 total yards per game) and 35th defensively (344.4 total yards allowed per game).
- In terms of points scored Liberty ranks 67th in the FBS (28.3 points per game), and it is 56th on the other side of the ball (24.9 points allowed per contest).
- In terms of passing, Liberty ranks 101st in the FBS (200.7 passing yards per game) and 31st on defense (201.0 passing yards allowed per contest).
- In terms of rushing, Liberty ranks 57th in the FBS on offense (163.9 rushing yards per game) and 56th on defense (143.4 rushing yards allowed per contest).
- Liberty’s third-down defense has been leading the way for the team, as it ranks 21st-best in the FBS with a 32.7% third-down conversion rate allowed. In terms of offense, it is compiling a 37.3% third-down rate, which ranks 83rd.
- After forcing 21 turnovers (17th in the FBS) and turning the ball over 22 times (119th in the FBS) this season, Liberty sports the 100th-ranked turnover margin of -1.
Liberty’s Best Players
- Johnathan Bennett has put up 1,534 passing yards, or 139.5 per game, so far this season. He has completed 59.1% of his passes and has collected 12 touchdowns with eight interceptions. He’s also helped out on the ground with 17.3 rushing yards per game while scoring as a runner two times.
- The team’s top rusher, Dae Dae Hunter, has carried the ball 112 times for 761 yards (84.6 per game) with seven touchdowns.
- Shedro Louis has run for 472 yards across 108 attempts, scoring seven touchdowns.
- Demario Douglas has registered 65 receptions this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 853 (71.1 yards per game). He’s been targeted zero times and has four touchdowns.
- Noah Frith has 24 receptions (on zero targets) for a total of 424 yards (38.5 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- CJ Yarbrough has racked up 178 reciving yards (22.3 ypg) and two touchdowns this season.
- Durrell Johnson paces the team with seven sacks, and also has 20 TFL, 47 tackles, and one interception.
- Javon Scruggs, Liberty’s top tackler, has 76 tackles, five TFL, two sacks, and one interception this year.
- Robert Rahimi leads the team with four interceptions, while also collecting 45 tackles and one TFL.