Table of Contents
NFC North opponents match up when the Detroit Lions (5-7) and the Minnesota Vikings (10-2) square off on Sunday, December 11, 2022 at Ford Field.
The Lions are small favorites (-1) in their matchup against the Vikings, with the over/under being 53.5 points. (In terms of the moneyline, the Lions are -115 and the Vikings are -105.)
Game Info, Betting Lines for Detroit Lions vs. Minnesota Vikings
- Game Day: Sunday, December 11, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Ford Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Lions
- So far this season, the Lions have compiled an 8-4-0 record against the spread.
- In games they have played as at least 1-point favorites this season, the Lions are 1-1 against the spread.
- The teams have hit the over in eight of the Lions’ 12 games with a set total.
Stats & Insights for Lions
- The Lions have the seventh-ranked offense this season (369.1 yards per game), and they’ve been less effective defensively, ranking worst with 402.2 yards allowed per game.
- The Lions own the sixth-ranked scoring offense this year (26.3 points per game), and they’ve been worse defensively, ranking worst with 27 points allowed per game.
- The Lions are averaging 242.1 passing yards per game on offense (eighth in the NFL), and they rank 27th on defense with 252.5 passing yards allowed per game.
- Despite having a bottom-five run defense that ranks fifth-worst in the NFL (149.7 rushing yards allowed per game), the Lions have had more success offensively, ranking 10th in the NFL by totaling 127 rushing yards per game.
- The Lions own the 10th-ranked third-down offense this season (42.8% third-down percentage), but they’ve been worse on the other side of the ball, ranking second-worst with a 48.6% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- In addition to 6.4 yards per play allowed on defense, which ranks worst in the NFL, the Lions have put up the ninth-ranked yards-per-play average on offense (5.9).
- The Lions have forced 15 total turnovers (12th in NFL) this season and have turned it over 14 times (12th in NFL) for a turnover margin of +1, 15th-ranked in the league.
Lions’ Best Players
- Jared Goff: 3,022 PASS YDS / 251.8 YPG / 64.9% / 19 TD / 7 INT
- Jamaal Williams: 188 CAR / 769 YDS / 64.1 YPG / 14 TD / 9 REC / 57 YDS / 4.8 YPG / 0 TD
- D’Andre Swift: 64 CAR / 354 YDS / 39.3 YPG / 4 TD / 28 REC / 235 YDS / 26.1 YPG / 2 TD
- Amon-Ra St. Brown: 76 REC / 830 YDS / 75.5 YPG / 6 TD
- Kalif Raymond: 32 REC / 382 YDS / 31.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Josh Reynolds: 29 REC / 376 YDS / 41.8 YPG / 2 TD
- Aidan Hutchinson: 33 TKL / 4 TFL / 6 SACK / 2 INT / 2 PD
- Alex Anzalone: 91 TKL / 4 TFL / 1.5 SACK / 1 INT / 4 PD
- Kerby Joseph: 49 TKL / 3 INT / 5 PD
Betting Insights for Vikings
- The Vikings have gone 6-5-1 ATS this season.
- In games they have played as at least 1-point underdogs this year, the Vikings are 1-2 against the spread.
- The teams have hit the over in seven of the Vikings’ 12 games with a set total.
Stats & Insights for Vikings
- The Vikings have been sputtering on defense, ranking second-worst with 398.7 total yards surrendered per game. They have been more productive on the other side of the ball, putting up 335.8 total yards per contest (19th-ranked).
- In terms of points scored the Vikings rank 11th in the NFL (24.1 points per game), and they are 20th defensively (23.3 points allowed per game).
- The Vikings’ defense has been a bottom-five unit in pass defense this season, allowing 283.6 passing yards per game, which ranks worst in the NFL. On the offensive side of the ball, they rank 10th with 234.1 passing yards per contest.
- The Vikings are generating 101.8 rushing yards per contest on offense this season (25th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 115.1 rushing yards per contest (16th-ranked) on defense.
- From an offensive angle, the Vikings are generating a 40.6% third-down conversion rate (13th-ranked). They rank 13th in the NFL defensively (38.3% third-down rate allowed).
- The Vikings rank 20th in yards per play (5.5), but they’ve been worse on the other side of the ball, third-worst in the NFL with 6.3 yards conceded per play.
- The Vikings own a top-five turnover margin this season, ranking third-best at +8.
Best Players for Vikings
- Kirk Cousins: 2,933 PASS YDS / 244.4 YPG / 64.6% / 18 TD / 9 INT
- Dalvin Cook: 198 CAR / 927 YDS / 77.3 YPG / 7 TD / 28 REC / 157 YDS / 13.1 YPG / 1 TD
- Alexander Mattison: 48 CAR / 174 YDS / 14.5 YPG / 3 TD / 13 REC / 78 YDS / 6.5 YPG / 1 TD
- Justin Jefferson: 88 REC / 1,277 YDS / 106.4 YPG / 6 TD
- T.J. Hockenson: 56 REC / 620 YDS / 51.7 YPG / 4 TD
- Adam Thielen: 56 REC / 580 YDS / 48.3 YPG / 3 TD
- Za’Darius Smith: 35 TKL / 15 TFL / 9.5 SACK / 5 PD
- Eric Kendricks: 99 TKL / 4 TFL / 5 PD
- Harrison Smith: 73 TKL / 1 TFL / 5 INT / 10 PD