Table of Contents
The Detroit Lions (6-7) go on the road to play the New York Jets (7-6) at MetLife Stadium on Sunday, December 18, 2022.
The Jets-Lions game is a pick ’em and the over/under is 44.5 points. In terms of the moneyline, the Jets are -112 and the Lions are -108.
Create your NFL Pool started with the Internet’s #1 pool creation and hosting platform. Get 15 friends together and play for free!
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for New York Jets vs. Detroit Lions
- Game Day: Sunday, December 18, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Jets
- The Jets’ ATS record is 8-5-0 this season.
- The Jets are 2-0 against the spread so far this season when playing as at least 0-point favorites.
- Jets games with a set total have hit the over five times this season (38.5%).
Stats & Insights for Jets
- The Jets own the 19th-ranked offense this year (336.8 yards per game), and they’ve been even better on the other side of the ball, ranking third-best with just 301.2 yards allowed per game.
- The Jets are totaling 20.3 points per game on offense this year (22nd in NFL), and they are surrendering 18.7 points per game (sixth) on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Jets have the 15th-ranked offense this year in terms of passing yards (224.8 passing yards per game), and they’ve been better on defense, ranking fourth-best with only 189.4 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Jets are totaling 112.1 rushing yards per game offensively this season (20th in NFL), and they are surrendering 111.8 rushing yards per game (13th) on the other side of the ball.
- The Jets rank fourth-worst in third-down percentage (34.2%), but they’ve played better on defense, ranking 14th with a 38.9% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- The Jets are gaining 5.5 yards per play on offense (21st in the league), while featuring the best yards per play on defense in the NFL (5.1) this season.
- The Jets rank 18th in the NFL with a -2 turnover margin after forcing 15 turnovers (15th in the NFL) while committing 17 (19th in the NFL).
Jets’ Best Players
- Zach Wilson: 1,279 PASS YDS / 182.7 YPG / 55.6% / 4 TD / 5 INT / 24 CAR / 94 RUSH YDS / 1 TD
- James Robinson: 110 CAR / 425 YDS / 38.6 YPG / 3 TD / 11 REC / 51 YDS / 4.6 YPG / 2 TD
- Michael Carter: 104 CAR / 375 YDS / 31.3 YPG / 3 TD / 31 REC / 224 YDS / 18.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Garrett Wilson: 63 REC / 868 YDS / 66.8 YPG / 4 TD
- Corey Davis: 26 REC / 460 YDS / 46 YPG / 2 TD
- Tyler Conklin: 45 REC / 418 YDS / 32.2 YPG / 3 TD
- Quinnen Williams: 47 TKL / 12 TFL / 11 SACK / 3 PD
- C.J. Mosley: 125 TKL / 3 TFL / 1 SACK / 1 INT / 6 PD
- Lamarcus Joyner: 56 TKL / 3 INT / 6 PD
Betting Insights for Lions
- The Lions are 9-4-0 ATS this season.
- The Lions have a 7-3 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 0 points or more this season.
- Lions games have gone over the point total in nine out of 13 opportunities (69.2%).
Stats & Insights for Lions
- While the Lions’ defense has been stuck in neutral, ranking second-worst by conceding 403.2 total yards per game, their offense ranks fourth-best with 376.4 total yards per contest.
- Defensively, the Lions are bottom-five, ceding 26.7 points per game (second-worst). Fortunately, they are thriving on offense, putting up 26.8 points per contest (fifth-best).
- The Lions’ defense has been bottom-five in pass defense this season, allowing 263.4 passing yards per game, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. Offensively, they rank seventh with 248.8 passing yards per contest.
- From an offensive angle, the Lions are generating 127.5 rushing yards per contest (11th-ranked). They rank 26th in the NFL on defense (139.8 rushing yards surrendered per game).
- The Lions rank ninth in third-down conversion percentage (43.1%) on offense, but they’ve been worse on the other side of the ball, ranking second-worst in the NFL with a 48.1% third-down percentage allowed.
- The Lions’ defense has been bottom-five this season in terms of yards per play, surrendering 6.4, which ranks worst in the NFL. On the offensive side of the ball, they rank seventh at 6 yards per play.
- The Lions have recorded 17 forced turnovers (10th in NFL) and committed 14 turnovers (sixth in NFL) this season for a +3 turnover margin that ranks eighth in the NFL.
Best Players for Lions
- Jared Goff: 3,352 PASS YDS / 257.8 YPG / 65.3% / 22 TD / 7 INT
- Jamaal Williams: 204 CAR / 806 YDS / 62 YPG / 14 TD / 9 REC / 57 YDS / 4.4 YPG / 0 TD
- D’Andre Swift: 70 CAR / 375 YDS / 37.5 YPG / 4 TD / 31 REC / 253 YDS / 25.3 YPG / 2 TD
- Amon-Ra St. Brown: 82 REC / 898 YDS / 74.8 YPG / 6 TD
- Josh Reynolds: 34 REC / 427 YDS / 42.7 YPG / 3 TD
- Kalif Raymond: 34 REC / 401 YDS / 30.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Aidan Hutchinson: 35 TKL / 6 TFL / 7 SACK / 2 INT / 2 PD
- Alex Anzalone: 100 TKL / 4 TFL / 1.5 SACK / 1 INT / 5 PD
- Kerby Joseph: 53 TKL / 3 INT / 5 PD