Table of Contents
The No. 23 Ohio State Buckeyes (7-2) host the North Carolina Tar Heels (7-4) after winning six straight home games. The Tar Heels are favored by only 1 point in the matchup, which begins at 3:00 PM ET on Saturday, December 17, 2022. The matchup has an over/under of 151.5 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tar Heels vs. Buckeyes
- Game Day: Saturday, December 17, 2022
- Game Time: 3:00 PM ET
- Location: New York City, New York
- Arena: Madison Square Garden
North Carolina Betting Stats & Information
- North Carolina has won seven of eight games when favored on the moneyline this season (87.5%).
- The Tar Heels have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -114 or shorter.
- The Tar Heels’ ATS record is 3-8-0 this season.
- When they have played as at least 1-point underdogs this year, the Buckeyes are 1-2 against the spread.
- North Carolina’s average point total in matchups this season is 154.5, three points higher than the over/under in this game.
Ohio State Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Ohio State has been the underdog three times and won one of those games.
- The Buckeyes have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the -106 odds on them winning this game.
- The Buckeyes are 4-5-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as at least 1-point underdogs this year, the Buckeyes are 1-2 against the spread.
- The average over/under in Ohio State’s games this season is 8.9 fewer points than the point total of 151.5 for this outing.
North Carolina vs. Ohio State Season Stat Comparison
|North Carolina Rank||North Carolina AVG||Ohio State AVG||Ohio State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
North Carolina Tar Heels Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Tar Heels is Caleb Love, who scores 18 points and distributes 3.5 assists per game.
- Armando Bacot leads North Carolina in rebounding, pulling down 11.3 boards per game while also scoring 16.4 points a contest.
- Love leads the Tar Heels in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 1.9 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Ohio State Buckeyes Leaders
- Zed Key averages 14.3 points and 8.7 rebounds per game for the Buckeyes, making him the leading scorer and rebounder on the team.
- Isaac Likekele notches more assists than any other Ohio State teammate with 3.1 per game. He also scores 4.5 points and grabs 6.3 rebounds per game.
- Brice Sensabaugh is reliable from distance and leads the Buckeyes with two made threes per game.