Table of Contents
Argentina and France meet on Sunday, December 18 at 10:00 AM ET for the 2022 World Cup final in Qatar. Argentina is coming off a 3-0 win over Croatia, and France defeated Morocco 2-0 in its semifinal game.
The odds of Argentina winning the World Cup are +178. The odds for France are +182. The moneyline says Argentina has a 36.0% chance of winning this match.
The World Cup only comes around every four years, so there’s no time to waste. Get your friends and family together to start a World Cup pool here!
Argentina vs. France Match Info
- Game Day: Sunday, December 18, 2022
- Game Time: 10:00 AM ET
- Venue: Lusail Iconic Stadium
Argentina Stats and Trends
- Argentina ranks third in the World Cup in goals scored with 12 (2.0 per match), while defensively, France is 15th with five goals conceded (0.8 per match).
- Argentina’s +7 goal difference is third in the World Cup.
- Argentina’s most recent match was a victory 3-0 over Croatia despite being outshot by three in the match, 12 to nine.
- Julian Alvarez scored two goals for his side versus Croatia.
Put your picks to the test in our free World Cup pool and support a great cause while competing for cash prizes and a jersey signed by the USMNT!
France Stats and Trends
- France ranks first in the World Cup offensively with 13 goals scored (2.2 per match). Defensively, Argentina ranks 15th with five goals given up (0.8 per match).
- France has outscored opponents 13 to five. Its +8 goal differential ranks second in the World Cup.
- France claimed a 2-0 win over Morocco in its last match on December 14. France outshot Morocco 14 to 10.
- Theo Hernandez and Randal Kolo Muani each scored a goal for France.
Argentina vs. France Players to Watch
- Lionel Messi has been involved in six matches for Argentina in the World Cup, contributing five goals and three assists.
- Alvarez has scored four goals in six matches for Argentina in the World Cup.
- In Argentina’s action in the World Cup, Nahuel Molina has contributed one goal and one assist in six matches.
- Enzo Fernandez has pitched in for Argentina with one goal and one assist in the World Cup (in six matches).
- Kylian Mbappe has five goals and two assists in six matches for France in World Cup play.
- Olivier Giroud has scored four goals for France in World Cup matches, without an assist.
- Hernandez has picked up one goal and two assists for France so far in the World Cup.
- Antoine Griezmann’s six World Cup appearances have netted three assists for France.
Pick to Win Argentina vs. France
Our pick to win is Argentina.