Table of Contents
The UAB Blazers (8-2) are heavily favored (by 18.5 points) to build on a six-game home win streak when they host the Southern Jaguars (4-7) on Sunday, December 18, 2022 at 4:30 PM ET. The point total for the matchup is set at 156.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Blazers vs. Jaguars
- Game Day: Sunday, December 18, 2022
- Game Time: 4:30 PM ET
- Location: Birmingham, Alabama
- Arena: Bartow Arena
UAB Betting Stats & Information
- UAB has put together a 7-1 record in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 87.5% of those games).
- The Blazers have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -3030 or shorter.
- The Blazers are 5-5-0 against the spread this season.
- The Jaguars are 3-0 against the spread when an underdog by 18.5 points or more this year.
- The average point total for UAB’s games this season is one more point than the over/under of 156 in this matchup.
Southern Betting Stats & Info
- Southern has been underdogs in seven games this season and won one (14.3%) of those contests.
- The Jaguars have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +1320 moneyline set for this game.
- So far this year, the Jaguars have put together a 7-2-0 record against the spread.
- In games they have played as at least 18.5-point underdogs this season, the Jaguars are 3-0 against the spread.
- The average total for Southern’s games this season is 7.3 fewer points than the point total of 156 for this outing.
UAB vs. Southern Season Stat Comparison
|UAB Rank||UAB AVG||Southern AVG||Southern Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
UAB Blazers Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Blazers is Jordan Walker, who scores 24.4 points and distributes 5.1 assists per game.
- KJ Buffen leads UAB in rebounding, grabbing 7.3 rebounds per game while also scoring 11.9 points a contest.
- Walker leads the Blazers in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 4.3 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Southern Jaguars Leaders
- Bryson Etienne is at the top of the Jaguars scoring leaderboard with 12.1 points per game. He also collects 3.2 rebounds and dishes out 2.2 assists per game.
- Terrell Williams Jr. has a stat line of 3.9 rebounds, 6.1 points and 0.8 assists per game for Southern to take the top rebound spot on the team. P.J. Byrd holds the top spot for assists with 5.8 per game, adding 9 points and 3.3 rebounds per outing.
- Brion Whitley averages 2.4 three-pointers per game, the most on the Jaguars.