Table of Contents
The Philadelphia Eagles (13-1) head into a matchup with the Dallas Cowboys (10-4) on Saturday, December 24, 2022 at AT&T Stadium on a five-game winning streak.
The Cowboys are averaging 362.3 yards per game on offense, which ranks them ninth in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank eighth, surrendering 324.6 yards per game. The Eagles’ defense ranks sixth in the NFL with 19.1 points surrendered per game, but they’ve been bolstered by their offense, which ranks second-best by posting 29.4 points per contest.
Cowboys vs. Eagles Picks
The Eagles are expected by BetterPool users to both cover the spread and win straight up as underdogs against the Cowboys on Saturday. Currently, 47.6% of users are choosing them to win the game and 64.4% expect the Eagles to cover the 5-point spread.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Cowboys vs. Eagles
- Game Day: Saturday, December 24, 2022
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: AT&T Stadium
Here’s a look at some betting insights for Dallas (-5) versus Philadelphia on Saturday. The over/under is set at 46 points for this game.
Betting Insights for Cowboys
- So far this season, the Cowboys have posted an 8-6-0 record against the spread.
- The Cowboys have a 3-2 record against the spread this season when favored by 5 points or more.
- Eight of the Cowboys’ 14 games with a set total have hit the over (57.1%).
Stats & Insights for Cowboys
- The Cowboys rank ninth in total offense (362.3 yards per game) and eighth in total defense (324.6 yards allowed per game) this year.
- The Cowboys rank seventh in scoring defense this year (19.2 points allowed per game), but they’ve been thriving on offense, ranking third-best in the NFL with 28.1 points per game.
- The Cowboys rank 17th in passing yards this season (217.1 per game), but they’ve been shining on defense, ranking third-best in the NFL with 191.6 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Cowboys rank seventh in run offense (145.1 rushing yards per game) and 24th in run defense (133.1 rushing yards allowed per game) this season.
- On offense, the Cowboys have been a top-five unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking fifth-best in the NFL by putting up a 45.9% third-down conversion rate. They rank eighth on defense (36.9% third-down percentage allowed).
- The Cowboys are averaging 5.7 yards per play on offense, which ranks them 14th in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank sixth, giving up 5.4 yards per play.
- The Cowboys have forced 26 total turnovers (first in NFL) this season and have turned it over 17 times (13th in NFL) for a turnover margin of +9, the second-best in the league.
Best Players for Cowboys
- Dak Prescott: 2,103 PASS YDS / 233.7 YPG / 68% / 17 TD / 11 INT / 30 CAR / 114 RUSH YDS / 1 TD
- Tony Pollard: 177 CAR / 969 YDS / 69.2 YPG / 9 TD / 33 REC / 310 YDS / 22.1 YPG / 3 TD
- Ezekiel Elliott: 188 CAR / 774 YDS / 64.5 YPG / 10 TD / 16 REC / 86 YDS / 7.2 YPG / 0 TD
- CeeDee Lamb: 81 REC / 1,087 YDS / 77.6 YPG / 6 TD
- Noah Brown: 40 REC / 533 YDS / 41 YPG / 3 TD
- Dalton Schultz: 43 REC / 445 YDS / 37.1 YPG / 3 TD
- Micah Parsons: 59 TKL / 14 TFL / 13 SACK / 3 PD
- Leighton Vander Esch: 90 TKL / 4 TFL / 1 SACK / 1 PD
- Daron Bland: 38 TKL / 4 INT / 6 PD
Betting Insights for Eagles
- The Eagles are 8-6-0 ATS this season.
- Nine of the Eagles’ 14 games with a set total have hit the over (64.3%).
Stats & Insights for Eagles
- Things have been going well for the Eagles on both sides of the ball, as they are posting 394.1 total yards per game (third-best) and allowing only 293.4 total yards per game (second-best).
- The Eagles’ offensive attack has been leading the way for the team, as they rank second-best in the NFL with 29.4 points per contest. In terms of defense, they are ceding 19.1 points per game, which ranks sixth.
- The Eagles’ pass defense has been leading the charge for the team, as they rank best in the NFL with 172.3 passing yards allowed per contest. In terms of offense, they are generating 235.5 passing yards per game, which ranks 11th.
- The Eagles’ rushing attack has been leading the way for the team, as they rank fourth-best in the NFL with 158.6 rushing yards per contest. In terms of defense, they are ceding 121.1 rushing yards per game, which ranks 19th.
- The Eagles’ third-down defense ranks ninth in the NFL with a 37.6% third-down conversion rate surrendered, but they’ve been bolstered by their offense, which ranks third-best by posting a 47.3% third-down rate.
- The Eagles have been top-five on both offense and defense this season, as they rank third-best in yards per play (6.2) and fourth-best in yards allowed per play (5.2).
- At +11, the Eagles own the best turnover margin in the NFL this season.
Best Players for Eagles
- Jalen Hurts: 3,472 PASS YDS / 248 YPG / 67.3% / 22 TD / 5 INT / 156 CAR / 747 RUSH YDS / 13 TD
- Miles Sanders: 215 CAR / 1,110 YDS / 79.3 YPG / 11 TD / 19 REC / 72 YDS / 5.1 YPG / 0 TD
- A.J. Brown: 74 REC / 1,201 YDS / 85.8 YPG / 10 TD
- DeVonta Smith: 71 REC / 901 YDS / 64.4 YPG / 5 TD
- Quez Watkins: 30 REC / 321 YDS / 22.9 YPG / 3 TD
- Haason Reddick: 39 TKL / 8 TFL / 12 SACK / 3 PD
- T.J. Edwards: 124 TKL / 8 TFL / 2 SACK / 7 PD
- Darius Slay: 46 TKL / 3 INT / 13 PD