Table of Contents
The Indianapolis Colts (4-9-1) host the Los Angeles Chargers (8-6) on Monday, December 26, 2022 at Lucas Oil Stadium and will aim to break a four-game losing streak.
The Chargers are totaling 357.9 yards per game on offense (12th in NFL), and they rank 21st on defense with 354.5 yards allowed per game. The Colts rank fourth-worst in points per game (17.5), but they’ve been more productive defensively, ranking 23rd in the NFL with 24.1 points allowed per contest.
Chargers vs. Colts Picks
At the moment, 11.2% of BetterPool users are picking the Colts to upset the Chargers, with 24.5% picking the Colts to cover the 4-point spread on Monday.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Chargers vs. Colts
- Game Day: Monday, December 26, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Stadium: Lucas Oil Stadium
Check out these betting insights and trends before you bet on Monday’s Los Angeles-Indianapolis spread (Los Angeles -4) or total (46.5 points).
Betting Insights for Chargers
- The Chargers have an 8-5-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Chargers are 1-3 against the spread when favored by 4 points or more this season.
- The Chargers have hit the over in six of its 14 games with a set total (42.9%).
Stats & Insights for Chargers
- The Chargers are totaling 357.9 yards per game offensively this season (12th in NFL), and they are surrendering 354.5 yards per game (21st) on the other side of the ball.
- The Chargers are averaging 22.3 points per game on offense, which ranks them 14th in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank 25th, surrendering 24.3 points per game.
- On the offensive side of the ball, the Chargers have been a top-five unit in terms of passing yards, ranking second-best in the NFL by compiling 274.2 per game. They rank 11th on defense (208.9 passing yards allowed per game).
- It’s been a rough stretch for the Chargers in terms of running the ball, as they rank second-worst in rushing offense (83.7 rushing yards per game) and fifth-worst in rushing defense (145.6 rushing yards per game allowed) in 2022.
- The Chargers are averaging a 42% third-down conversion rate on offense (13th in the NFL), and they rank 24th on defense with a 41.6% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- The Chargers have the 22nd-ranked offense in terms of yards per play this year (5.4), and they’ve been worse defensively, ranking fourth-worst with 6.1 yards per play allowed.
- The Chargers rank 10th in the league with a +3 turnover margin after forcing 18 turnovers (13th in the NFL) while committing 15 (sixth in the NFL).
Best Players for Chargers
- Justin Herbert: 4,019 PASS YDS / 287.1 YPG / 67.5% / 21 TD / 9 INT / 46 CAR / 145 RUSH YDS / 0 TD
- Austin Ekeler: 165 CAR / 692 YDS / 49.4 YPG / 9 TD / 95 REC / 635 YDS / 45.4 YPG / 5 TD
- Joshua Kelley: 46 CAR / 191 YDS / 19.1 YPG / 2 TD / 11 REC / 85 YDS / 8.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Josh Palmer: 66 REC / 714 YDS / 54.9 YPG / 3 TD
- Mike Williams: 48 REC / 693 YDS / 69.3 YPG / 4 TD
- Khalil Mack: 46 TKL / 10 TFL / 7 SACK / 2 PD
- Drue Tranquill: 116 TKL / 7 TFL / 4 SACK / 1 INT / 4 PD
- Bryce Callahan: 41 TKL / 2 TFL / 3 INT / 6 PD
Betting Insights for Colts
- The Colts are 6-8-0 against the spread this season.
- In games this year in which they were an underdog by 4 points or more, the Colts have a 3-2 record against the spread.
- The teams have hit the over in five of the Colts’ 14 games with a set total.
Stats & Insights for Colts
- The Colts rank 24th with 319.6 total yards per game on offense, and they rank 12th with 329.3 total yards allowed per game on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Colts’ offense has been bottom-five this season, posting 17.5 points per game, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 23rd with 24.1 points ceded per contest.
- The Colts are compiling 214.4 passing yards per game on offense this season (19th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 205.6 passing yards per game (10th-ranked) on defense.
- The Colts rank 25th in the NFL with 105.2 rushing yards per contest on offense, and they rank 20th with 123.7 rushing yards surrendered per contest on defense.
- With a 35.2% third-down conversion percentage on offense, the Colts rank 27th in the NFL. On defense, they rank seventh, allowing a 36.8% third-down rate.
- The Colts are putting up 5.2 yards per play on offense this season (27th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 5.4 yards per play (sixth-ranked) on defense.
- The Colts have forced 15 turnovers this season and have turned the ball over 27 times, resulting in a -12 turnover margin that is second-worst in the NFL.
Best Players for Colts
- Matt Ryan: 3,057 PASS YDS / 254.8 YPG / 67% / 14 TD / 13 INT
- Jonathan Taylor: 192 CAR / 861 YDS / 78.3 YPG / 4 TD / 28 REC / 143 YDS / 13 YPG / 0 TD
- Zack Moss: 48 CAR / 203 YDS / 20.3 YPG / 0 TD / 7 REC / 27 YDS / 2.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Michael Pittman Jr.: 86 REC / 815 YDS / 62.7 YPG / 2 TD
- Alec Pierce: 32 REC / 510 YDS / 39.2 YPG / 2 TD
- Parris Campbell: 52 REC / 510 YDS / 36.4 YPG / 3 TD
- Yannick Ngakoue: 27 TKL / 7 TFL / 9.5 SACK
- Zaire Franklin: 140 TKL / 9 TFL / 1 SACK / 4 PD
- Rodney Thomas II: 35 TKL / 2 INT / 3 PD