Table of Contents
A pair of streaking teams hit the court when the Villanova Wildcats (6-5, 0-0 Big East) host the St. John’s (NY) Red Storm (11-1, 1-0 Big East) on Wednesday, December 21, 2022 at 6:30 PM ET. The Wildcats are 4.5-point favorites and put their four-game win streak on the line against the Red Storm, winners of three straight. The matchup’s over/under is set at 146.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Wildcats vs. Red Storm
- Game Day: Wednesday, December 21, 2022
- Game Time: 6:30 PM ET
- Location: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
- Arena: The William B. Finneran Pavilion
Villanova Betting Stats & Information
- Villanova has been favored on the moneyline nine times this season. They’ve gone 5-4 in those games.
- The Wildcats have not played as a moneyline favorite of -195 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Wildcats have compiled a 3-8-0 record against the spread.
- The Red Storm are winless against the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- The average over/under Villanova has had set in games this season is 7.5 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
St. John’s (NY) Betting Stats & Info
- St. John’s (NY) lost the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- The Red Storm have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +164.
- The Red Storm are 6-6-0 against the spread this season.
- The Red Storm have not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 4.5 points or more this year (0-1).
- The average point total for St. John’s (NY) this season is 2.5 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Villanova vs. St. John’s (NY) Season Stat Comparison
|Villanova Rank||Villanova AVG||St. John’s (NY) AVG||St. John’s (NY) Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Villanova Wildcats Leaders
- The Wildcats leader in points and assists is Caleb Daniels, who scores 15.9 points per game along with 3.5 assists.
- Eric Dixon is Villanova’s best rebounder, grabbing an average of 6.1 boards in each contest while scoring 15.9 points per game.
- The Wildcats get the most three-point shooting production out of Daniels, who makes 2.1 threes per game.
St. John’s (NY) Red Storm Leaders
- Joel Soriano collects 15.3 points and 12.6 rebounds per game for the Red Storm, making him the top scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- Posh Alexander records more assists than any other St. John’s (NY) teammate with 4.9 per game. He also scores 9.8 points and pulls down 3.8 rebounds per game.
- David Jones is the most prolific from distance for the Red Storm, hitting 1.8 threes per game.