Table of Contents
The Jacksonville Jaguars (6-8) visit a struggling New York Jets (7-7) squad on Thursday, December 22, 2022 at MetLife Stadium. The Jets have lost three games in a row.
The Jets rank 19th in total offense this year (336.9 yards per game), but they’ve been shining on defense, ranking third-best in the NFL with 336.9 yards allowed per game. The Jaguars are generating 367.9 total yards per game on offense this season (sixth-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 370.7 total yards per contest (27th-ranked).
Jets vs. Jaguars Picks
At the moment, 48.5% of BetterPool users are picking the Jaguars to upset the Jets, with 59.2% expecting the Jaguars to cover the 1-point spread on Thursday.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Jets vs. Jaguars
- Game Day: Thursday, December 22, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: Amazon Prime Video
- Location: East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
Take a look at some betting insights for New York (-1) versus Jacksonville on Thursday. The total is set at 38 points for this game.
Betting Insights for Jets
- The Jets have an 8-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as at least 1-point favorites this season, the Jets are 2-1 against the spread.
- Five of the Jets’ 14 games with a set total have hit the over (35.7%).
Stats & Insights for Jets
- The Jets rank 19th in total offense this year (336.9 yards per game), but they’ve been shining on the other side of the ball, ranking third-best in the NFL with 305.4 yards allowed per game.
- The Jets rank 23rd in points scored this season (20.1 points per game), but they’ve been shining on the other side of the ball, ranking fourth-best in the NFL with 18.8 points allowed per game.
- The Jets have the 15th-ranked offense this year in terms of passing yards (229.2 passing yards per game), and they’ve been better defensively, ranking fourth-best with only 193.9 passing yards allowed per game.
- Offensively, the Jets rank 24th in the NFL with 107.6 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 11th in rushing yards allowed per contest (111.5).
- The Jets are putting up a 35.4% third-down percentage offensively this season (26th in NFL), and they are allowing a 38.5% third-down conversion rate (15th) on the other side of the ball.
- The Jets are putting up 5.5 yards per play on offense (20th in the league), while sporting the best yards per play on defense in the NFL (5.1) this season.
- The Jets have forced 15 total turnovers (22nd in NFL) this season and have turned it over 18 times (18th in NFL) for a turnover margin of -3, 23rd-ranked in the league.
Best Players for Jets
- Zach Wilson: 1,596 PASS YDS / 199.5 YPG / 54.9% / 6 TD / 6 INT / 27 CAR / 101 RUSH YDS / 1 TD
- James Robinson: 110 CAR / 425 YDS / 38.6 YPG / 3 TD / 11 REC / 51 YDS / 4.6 YPG / 2 TD
- Michael Carter: 108 CAR / 390 YDS / 30 YPG / 3 TD / 32 REC / 240 YDS / 18.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Garrett Wilson: 67 REC / 966 YDS / 69 YPG / 4 TD
- Corey Davis: 26 REC / 460 YDS / 46 YPG / 2 TD
- Tyler Conklin: 46 REC / 425 YDS / 30.4 YPG / 3 TD
- Quinnen Williams: 47 TKL / 12 TFL / 11 SACK / 3 PD
- C.J. Mosley: 130 TKL / 3 TFL / 1 SACK / 1 INT / 6 PD
- Lamarcus Joyner: 56 TKL / 3 INT / 6 PD
Betting Insights for Jaguars
- The Jaguars have a 6-8-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Jaguars are 6-5 against the spread when an underdog by 1 point or more this season.
- In the Jaguars’ 14 games with a set total, eight have hit the over (57.1%).
Stats & Insights for Jaguars
- In terms of total offense, the Jaguars rank sixth in the NFL (367.9 total yards per game) and 27th on defense (370.7 total yards allowed per game).
- With 23.9 points per game on the offensive side of the ball, the Jaguars rank 12th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 21st, giving up 23.4 points per contest.
- The Jaguars rank 10th in passing yards per game (240.7), but they’ve been worse on the other side of the ball, ranking fourth-worst in the NFL with 252.6 passing yards conceded per contest.
- The Jaguars are putting up 127.2 rushing yards per contest on offense this season (10th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 118.1 rushing yards per game (16th-ranked) on defense.
- The Jaguars rank 13th in third-down conversion percentage (42%) on offense, but they’ve been less effective on the other side of the ball, ranking fourth-worst in the NFL with a 46.8% third-down percentage allowed.
- The Jaguars rank 10th in the NFL with 5.9 yards per play on offense, and they rank 21st with 5.9 yards allowed per play on defense.
- The Jaguars have compiled 22 forced turnovers this season and have turned it over 17 times, leading to a +5 turnover margin, which ranks fifth-best in the NFL.
Best Players for Jaguars
- Trevor Lawrence: 3,520 PASS YDS / 251.4 YPG / 66% / 24 TD / 7 INT / 49 CAR / 239 RUSH YDS / 4 TD
- Travis Etienne: 182 CAR / 917 YDS / 65.5 YPG / 4 TD / 27 REC / 238 YDS / 17 YPG / 0 TD
- Christian Kirk: 73 REC / 966 YDS / 69 YPG / 7 TD
- Zay Jones: 74 REC / 764 YDS / 58.8 YPG / 5 TD
- Evan Engram: 61 REC / 610 YDS / 43.6 YPG / 4 TD
- Dawuane Smoot: 21 TKL / 6 TFL / 5 SACK / 2 PD
- Foyesade Oluokun: 156 TKL / 10 TFL / 1 SACK / 1 PD
- Andre Cisco: 61 TKL / 3 INT / 9 PD