Table of Contents
The No. 21 Virginia Tech Hokies (11-1, 1-0 ACC) will look to build on a six-game win streak when they visit the Boston College Eagles (6-6, 0-1 ACC) on Wednesday, December 21, 2022 at Silvio O. Conte Forum as 8.5-point favorites. The matchup airs at 6:30 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 131.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Hokies vs. Eagles
- Game Day: Wednesday, December 21, 2022
- Game Time: 6:30 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Arena: Silvio O. Conte Forum
Virginia Tech Betting Stats & Information
- Virginia Tech has been favored on the moneyline 11 times this season. They’ve gone 10-1 in those games.
- The Hokies have not played as a moneyline favorite of -439 or shorter.
- The Hokies have gone 7-5-0 ATS this season.
- The Eagles are 1-1 against the spread when an underdog by 8.5 points or more this year.
- Virginia Tech’s average point total in matchups this year is 138.6, 7.1 points higher than the over/under in this game.
Boston College Betting Stats & Info
- Boston College has entered the game as underdogs five times this season and won twice.
- The Eagles have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +342.
- The Eagles have a 3-9-0 record against the spread this season.
- When they have played as at least 8.5-point underdogs this year, the Eagles are 1-1 against the spread.
- The average total in Boston College’s games this season is 0.6 fewer points than the point total of 131.5 in this outing.
Virginia Tech vs. Boston College Season Stat Comparison
|Virginia Tech Rank||Virginia Tech AVG||Boston College AVG||Boston College Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Virginia Tech Hokies Leaders
- Sean Pedulla leads the Hokies in points and assists per game, scoring 17.3 points and distributing 4 assists.
- Justyn Mutts leads Virginia Tech in rebounding, pulling down 7.8 rebounds per game while also scoring 12.8 points a contest.
- Hunter Cattoor makes more threes per game than any other member of the Hokies, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.2 per contest.
Boston College Eagles Leaders
- Jaeden Zackery averages 11.3 points per game to be the top scorer for the Eagles.
- The Boston College leaders in rebounding and assists are T.J. Bickerstaff with 7.3 rebounds per game (he also adds 6.6 points and 1.3 assists per game) and Makai Ashton-Langford with 2.1 assists per game (he also tacks on 10.6 points and three rebounds per game).
- Mason Madsen averages 1.3 three-pointers per game, the most on the Eagles.