Table of Contents
Ahead of placing any prop bet wagers on Sam Darnold for Saturday’s game, which starts at 1:00 PM ET on FOX, here are some insights and stats to consider to make the best bets. Darnold’s Carolina Panthers (5-9) and the Detroit Lions (7-7) face off in a Week 16 matchup from Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Create your NFL Pool with the Internet’s #1 pool creation and hosting platform. Get 15 friends together and play for free!
Start here >
Sam Darnold Player Props vs. Detroit
- Matchup: Carolina Panthers vs. Detroit Lions
- Time: 1:00 PM
- Date: December 24, 2022
- Passing Yards Prop: Over 191.5 (-115)
- Rushing Yards Prop: Over 16.5 (-110)
Sam Darnold Passing Stats
- Darnold has thrown for 509 yards (169.7 per game) while completing 59.1% of his passes, with three TDs and zero INTs.
- He has also contributed 35 yards on nine carries (and one TD), averaging 11.7 yards per game on the ground.
- So far this season, Darnold has completed 39 passes, or 13.0 per game.
- So far this season, Darnold is 45th in air yards on completed passes in the NFL, with 238.
- The Panthers, who rank 24th in the NFL in points scored, have attempted a pass 50.4% of the time while running the ball 49.6% of the time.
Last Season Stats: Panthers vs. Lions
- Last year, the Panthers averaged 9.6 fewer points per game (17.9) than the Lions allowed (27.5).
- The Panthers averaged 80.9 fewer yards per game (298.9) than the Lions gave up per outing (379.8) last season.
- The Panthers passed for 190.5 yards per game last season, 54.2 fewer than the 244.7 the Lions allowed per outing.
- Last season the Panthers ran for 26.7 fewer yards per game (108.4) than the Lions allowed per contest (135.1).
- Last year the Panthers turned the ball over 29 times, 10 more than the Lions’ takeaways (19).