Table of Contents
The NC State Wolf Pack and the Maryland Terrapins will play in the Duke’s Mayo Bowl. The matchup is at 12:00 PM ET on December 30, 2022, and airs on ESPN.
The Wolf Pack-Terrapins game is a pick ’em and the over/under is 47 points. On the moneyline, the Wolf Pack are -111 and the Terrapins are -111.
Game Info and Betting Lines for NC State vs. Maryland
- Game Day: Friday, December 30, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Stadium: Bank of America Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
NC State Betting Insights
- Maryland has a 6-6-0 record against the spread this year.
- Maryland is 2-2 against the spread when an underdog by 0 points or more this year.
- Out of Maryland’s 12 games with a set total, five have hit the over (41.7%).
NC State Stats & Insights
- NC State sports the 102nd-ranked offense this year (343.4 yards per game), and has been even more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 21st-best with only 325.7 yards allowed per game.
- NC State ranks 85th in points scored this year (25.3 points per game), but has been shining on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 14th-best in the FBS with 19.4 points allowed per game.
- NC State ranks 75th in pass offense (222.4 passing yards per game) and 66th in pass defense (222.9 passing yards allowed per game) this year.
- On the defensive side of the ball, NC State has been a top-25 unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking 12th-best by surrendering just 102.8 per game. The Wolf Pack rank 106th on offense (121.0 rushing yards per game).
- NC State ranks 83rd in third-down conversion rate this year (37.1%), but has been thriving on defense, ranking 15th-best in the FBS with a 31.0% third-down percentage allowed.
- With 19 forced turnovers (31st in the FBS) against 12 turnovers committed (19th in the FBS), NC State’s +7 turnover margin is the 21st-best in college football.
NC State’s Best Players
- Devin Leary has thrown for 1,264 yards (210.7 ypg) to lead NC State, completing 61.1% of his passes and recording 11 touchdown passes compared to four interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Jordan Houston, has carried the ball 127 times for 530 yards (48.2 per game). He’s also caught 24 passes for 210 yards and one touchdown.
- Demie Sumo-Karngbaye has been handed the ball 55 times this year and racked up 305 yards (38.1 per game) with three touchdowns. He’s also contributed in the pass game with 12 grabs for 147 yards and one touchdown.
- Thayer Thomas’ team-leading 588 yards as a receiver have come on 53 catches (out of zero targets) with four touchdowns.
- Devin Carter has caught 25 passes for 406 yards (50.8 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Keyon Lesane’s 29 grabs have turned into 312 yards and two touchdowns.
- Drake Thomas, the team’s tackle and sacks leader, has amassed six sacks, 13 TFL and 75 tackles.
- Aydan White has a team-high four interceptions to go along with 32 tackles, two TFL, and eight passes defended.
Maryland Betting Insights
- So far this year, Maryland has put together a 6-6-0 record against the spread.
- Maryland is a 2-2 record against the spread when an underdog by 0 points or more this season.
- Maryland has hit the over in five of their 12 games with a set total (41.7%).
Maryland Stats & Insights
- Maryland is accumulating 406.3 total yards per contest on offense this season (50th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is giving up 362.0 total yards per game (53rd-ranked).
- With 29.2 points per game on offense, Maryland ranks 59th in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 48th, giving up 24.1 points per game.
- From an offensive angle, Maryland is posting 259.3 passing yards per game (38th-ranked). It ranks 60th in the FBS defensively (219.5 passing yards allowed per game).
- Maryland is accumulating 146.9 rushing yards per game on offense this season (69th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is surrendering 142.5 rushing yards per contest (50th-ranked) on defense.
- With a 41.0% third-down conversion percentage on offense, Maryland ranks 46th in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 82nd, giving up a 40.0% third-down rate.
- Maryland owns a +1 turnover margin this season, which ranks 55th in the FBS.
Maryland’s Best Players
- Taulia Tagovailoa leads Maryland with 2,787 yards on 243-of-354 passing with 17 touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season.
- Roman Hemby has rushed 164 times for 924 yards, with 10 touchdowns. He’s also tacked on 31 catches for 276 yards and one touchdown.
- Antwain Littleton II has run for 370 yards across 73 carries, scoring six touchdowns.
- Jeshaun Jones has racked up 478 receiving yards on 40 catches to pace his team so far this season while scoring four touchdowns as a receiver.
- Rakim Jarrett has totaled 471 receiving yards (42.8 yards per game) and three touchdowns on 40 receptions.
- Corey Dyches has racked up 449 reciving yards (37.4 ypg) and three touchdowns this season.
- Durell Nchami has collected three sacks to pace the team, while also recording six TFL and 22 tackles.
- Beau Brade is the team’s top-tackler this year. He’s amassed 63 tackles, four TFL, and two interceptions.
- Dante Trader leads the team with two interceptions, while also recording 53 tackles and three passes defended.