Table of Contents
The Washington Commanders (7-7-1) and the Cleveland Browns (6-9) square off at FedExField on Sunday, January 1, 2023.
The Commanders are totaling 19 points per game on offense (24th in NFL), and they rank 12th on defense with 20.9 points allowed per game. From an offensive angle, the Browns are putting up 21.5 points per game (14th-ranked). They rank 21st in the NFL on defense (22.9 points surrendered per game).
Commanders vs. Browns Picks
The Commanders are expected by BetterPool users to both win straight up and also cover the spread against the Browns on Sunday. At the moment, 77.7% of users are picking them to win and 100.0% expect the Commanders to cover the 2.5-point spread.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Commanders vs. Browns
- Game Day: Sunday, January 1, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Landover, Maryland
- Stadium: FedExField
Washington is a 2.5-point favorite over Cleveland on Sunday and the over/under has been set at 40.5 points. Keep reading for some betting trends and insights if you plan to place a wager on the contest.
Betting Insights for Commanders
- So far this season, the Commanders have posted a 7-7-1 record against the spread.
- The Commanders have a 3-2 record against the spread when favored by 2.5 points or more this season.
- The Commanders have hit the over in five of its 15 games with a set total (33.3%).
Stats & Insights for Commanders
- The Commanders rank 19th in total offense this season (336.4 yards per game), but they’ve been playing really well on the defensive side of the ball, ranking fourth-best in the NFL with 313 yards allowed per game.
- The Commanders are compiling 19 points per game on offense, which ranks them 24th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 12th, surrendering 20.9 points per game.
- The Commanders rank 20th in pass offense (212.7 passing yards per game) and seventh in pass defense (198.6 passing yards allowed per game) this season.
- The Commanders are putting up 123.7 rushing yards per game on offense (13th in the NFL), and they rank 13th on defense with 114.4 rushing yards allowed per game.
- The Commanders rank 25th in third-down percentage this year (35.5%), but they’ve been thriving on the other side of the ball, ranking second-best in the NFL with a 32.6% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- The Commanders are averaging 5.3 yards per play on offense, which ranks them 26th in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 13th, surrendering 5.6 yards per play.
- The Commanders rank 22nd in the league with a -3 turnover margin after forcing 16 turnovers (21st in the NFL) while committing 19 (14th in the NFL).
Best Players for Commanders
- Taylor Heinicke: 1,859 PASS YDS / 206.6 YPG / 62.2% / 12 TD / 6 INT / 28 CAR / 96 RUSH YDS / 1 TD
- Brian Robinson Jr.: 181 CAR / 710 YDS / 64.5 YPG / 2 TD / 9 REC / 60 YDS / 5.5 YPG / 1 TD
- Antonio Gibson: 149 CAR / 546 YDS / 36.4 YPG / 3 TD / 46 REC / 353 YDS / 23.5 YPG / 2 TD
- Terry McLaurin: 72 REC / 1,092 YDS / 72.8 YPG / 4 TD
- Curtis Samuel: 62 REC / 652 YDS / 43.5 YPG / 4 TD
- Jahan Dotson: 29 REC / 414 YDS / 41.4 YPG / 7 TD
- Da’Ron Payne: 57 TKL / 16 TFL / 9.5 SACK / 5 PD
- Jamin Davis: 95 TKL / 8 TFL / 3 SACK / 1 PD
- Darrick Forrest: 72 TKL / 1 TFL / 4 INT / 8 PD
Betting Insights for Browns
- The Browns have a 7-8-0 record against the spread this season.
- When they have played as at least 2.5-point underdogs this year, the Browns are 3-3 against the spread.
- Seven of the Browns’ 15 games with a set total have hit the over (46.7%).
Stats & Insights for Browns
- The Browns are putting up 355.1 total yards per game on offense this season (11th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 335.9 total yards per game (16th-ranked).
- In terms of points scored the Browns rank 14th in the NFL (21.5 points per game), and they are 21st on the other side of the ball (22.9 points allowed per game).
- With 207.7 passing yards per game on offense, the Browns rank 23rd in the NFL. Defensively, they rank eighth, giving up 201.5 passing yards per contest.
- The Browns’ rushing attack has been paving the way for the team, as they rank fifth-best in the NFL with 147.3 rushing yards per game. In terms of defense, they are giving up 134.3 rushing yards per game, which ranks 25th.
- In terms of third-down efficiency, the Browns rank 20th in the NFL (38% third-down conversion percentage) and eighth on defense (37.5% third-down rate allowed).
- In terms of yards per play, the Browns rank 20th in the NFL (5.5) and 18th on defense (5.8 yards allowed per play).
- The Browns have accumulated 16 forced turnovers (21st in NFL) and committed 19 turnovers (14th in NFL) this season for a -3 turnover margin that ranks 22nd in the NFL.
Best Players for Browns
- Jacoby Brissett: 2,608 PASS YDS / 186.3 YPG / 64% / 12 TD / 6 INT / 48 CAR / 241 RUSH YDS / 2 TD
- Nick Chubb: 276 CAR / 1,344 YDS / 89.6 YPG / 12 TD / 21 REC / 182 YDS / 12.1 YPG / 0 TD
- Kareem Hunt: 117 CAR / 455 YDS / 30.3 YPG / 3 TD / 31 REC / 196 YDS / 13.1 YPG / 1 TD
- Amari Cooper: 73 REC / 1,004 YDS / 66.9 YPG / 7 TD
- Donovan Peoples-Jones: 58 REC / 784 YDS / 52.3 YPG / 2 TD
- David Njoku: 53 REC / 565 YDS / 47.1 YPG / 3 TD
- Myles Garrett: 45 TKL / 15 TFL / 13.5 SACK / 4 PD
- Grant Delpit: 90 TKL / 3 TFL / 2 INT / 8 PD
- Denzel Ward: 51 TKL / 1 TFL / 2 INT / 13 PD