Table of Contents
The Atlanta Falcons (5-10), losers of four games in a row, host the Arizona Cardinals (4-11), who have lost five straight, on Sunday, January 1, 2023 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
With 315.4 yards of total offense per game (fifth-worst) and 373 yards allowed per game on defense (fifth-worst), the Falcons have been getting outplayed on both sides of the ball this year. In terms of total yards, the Cardinals rank 22nd in the NFL (327 total yards per game) and 22nd defensively (354.8 total yards allowed per contest).
Create your NFL Pool started with the Internet’s #1 pool creation and hosting platform. Get 15 friends together and play for free!
Start here >
Falcons vs. Cardinals Picks
The Falcons are picked by BetterPool users to both win straight up and cover the spread against the Cardinals on Sunday. At the moment, 75.4% of users are picking them to win and 100.0% expect the Falcons to cover the 3.5-point spread.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Falcons vs. Cardinals
- Game Day: Sunday, January 1, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Mercedes-Benz Stadium
Take a look at the betting insights and trends below before making a wager on Sunday’s Atlanta-Arizona spread (Atlanta -3.5) or total (41 points).
Betting Insights for Falcons
- The Falcons are 8-7-0 ATS this season.
- The Falcons are winless against the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- Falcons games with a set total have hit the over six times this season (40%).
Stats & Insights for Falcons
- It’s been a difficult stretch for the Falcons, who rank fifth-worst in total offense (315.4 yards per game) and fifth-worst in total defense (373 yards per game allowed) in 2022.
- From an offensive standpoint, the Falcons rank 17th in the NFL with 21 points per game. Meanwhile, they rank 22nd in points allowed (373 points allowed per contest).
- The Falcons have been a bottom-five pass offense this season, ranking second-worst with 154.6 passing yards per game. Defensively, they are ranked 24th in the NFL (239.5 passing yards allowed per game).
- The Falcons own the 24th-ranked defense this year in terms of rushing yards (133.5 rushing yards allowed per game), and they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking third-best with 160.8 rushing yards per game.
- The Falcons own the 12th-ranked third-down offense this season (41.8% third-down percentage), but they’ve been worse defensively, ranking third-worst with a 46.4% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- This season, the Falcons are gaining 5.6 yards per play (17th in the league), while giving up 6 per play on the defensive side of the ball (26th in the NFL).
- With 16 forced turnovers (21st in NFL) against 19 turnovers committed (14th in NFL), the Falcons’ -3 turnover margin ranks 22nd in the NFL.
Best Players for Falcons
- Desmond Ridder: 315 PASS YDS / 157.5 YPG / 59.3% / 0 TD / 0 INT / 10 CAR / 46 RUSH YDS / 0 TD
- Tyler Allgeier: 166 CAR / 817 YDS / 58.4 YPG / 2 TD / 15 REC / 127 YDS / 9.1 YPG / 1 TD
- Cordarrelle Patterson: 130 CAR / 635 YDS / 57.7 YPG / 6 TD / 13 REC / 79 YDS / 7.2 YPG / 0 TD
- Drake London: 61 REC / 699 YDS / 46.6 YPG / 4 TD
- Olamide Zaccheaus: 36 REC / 496 YDS / 33.1 YPG / 2 TD
- Damiere Byrd: 11 REC / 256 YDS / 21.3 YPG / 2 TD
- Grady Jarrett: 54 TKL / 11 TFL / 6 SACK / 3 PD
- Rashaan Evans: 150 TKL / 6 TFL / 2 SACK / 4 PD
- Mykal Walker: 105 TKL / 4 TFL / 1 SACK / 2 INT / 6 PD
Betting Insights for Cardinals
- The Cardinals have a 7-8-0 record against the spread this year.
- When they have played as at least 3.5-point underdogs this year, the Cardinals are 4-4 against the spread.
- The Cardinals have gone over in nine of their 15 games with a set total (60%).
Stats & Insights for Cardinals
- The Cardinals are putting up 327 total yards per game on offense this season (22nd-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 354.8 total yards per contest (22nd-ranked).
- The Cardinals rank 21st in points per game (20.5), but they’ve been less productive defensively, ranking third-worst in the NFL with 26.1 points surrendered per contest.
- With 214.6 passing yards per game on offense, the Cardinals rank 18th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 26th, surrendering 240.5 passing yards per game.
- The Cardinals rank 20th in the NFL with 112.4 rushing yards per contest on offense, and they rank 12th with 114.3 rushing yards surrendered per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- In terms of third-down efficiency, the Cardinals rank 27th in the NFL (34.9% third-down conversion rate) and 26th on the other side of the ball (42.5% third-down rate allowed).
- The Cardinals rank third-worst in yards per play (5.1), but they’ve been more effective on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 18th in the NFL with 5.8 yards surrendered per play.
- After forcing 19 turnovers (16th in NFL) and turning the ball over 21 times (24th in NFL) this season, the Cardinals own the 20th-ranked turnover margin of -2.
Best Players for Cardinals
- Colt McCoy: 780 PASS YDS / 195 YPG / 68.2% / 1 TD / 3 INT
- James Conner: 167 CAR / 703 YDS / 58.6 YPG / 7 TD / 43 REC / 269 YDS / 22.4 YPG / 1 TD
- Keaontay Ingram: 24 CAR / 55 YDS / 5.5 YPG / 1 TD / 2 REC / 23 YDS / 2.3 YPG / 0 TD
- DeAndre Hopkins: 64 REC / 717 YDS / 79.7 YPG / 3 TD
- Marquise Brown: 60 REC / 641 YDS / 64.1 YPG / 3 TD
- Greg Dortch: 44 REC / 422 YDS / 30.1 YPG / 2 TD
- J.J. Watt: 33 TKL / 14 TFL / 9.5 SACK / 6 PD
- Budda Baker: 111 TKL / 1 TFL / 2 INT / 7 PD
- Marco Wilson: 58 TKL / 2 TFL / 3 INT / 10 PD