Table of Contents
The Philadelphia Eagles (13-2) and the New Orleans Saints (6-9) play at Lincoln Financial Field on Sunday, January 1, 2023.
The Eagles sport the 10th-ranked defense this year (20.5 points allowed per game), and they’ve been more effective offensively, ranking best with 29.7 points per game. In terms of points scored the Saints rank 22nd in the NFL (20.2 points per game), and they are 14th on defense (21.7 points allowed per contest).
Eagles vs. Saints Picks
The Eagles are picked by BetterPool users to both win straight up and also cover the spread against the Saints on Sunday. At the moment, 94.5% of users are picking them to win and 100.0% have picked the Eagles to cover the 6.5-point spread.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Eagles vs. Saints
- Game Day: Sunday, January 1, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Lincoln Financial Field
Read these betting insights and trends before you bet on Sunday’s Philadelphia-New Orleans spread (Philadelphia -6.5) or over/under (44 points).
Betting Insights for Eagles
- The Eagles have an 8-7-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as at least 6.5-point favorites this season, the Eagles are 5-4 against the spread.
- A total of 10 of the Eagles’ 15 games with a set total have hit the over (66.7%).
Stats & Insights for Eagles
- The Eagles have been firing on all cylinders this year, as they rank third-best in total offense (397.3 yards per game) and second-best in total defense (301.7 yards allowed per game).
- The Eagles rank 10th in scoring defense this season (20.5 points allowed per game), but they’ve been thriving on the other side of the ball, ranking best in the NFL with 29.7 points per game.
- Defensively, the Eagles have been a top-five unit in terms of passing yards, ranking best by allowing only 181.1 passing yards per game. They rank ninth on offense (243.5 passing yards per game).
- The Eagles rank 18th in run defense this year (120.7 rushing yards allowed per game), but they’ve been thriving on offense, ranking fourth-best in the NFL with 153.8 rushing yards per game.
- The Eagles rank 14th in third-down defense this year (38.9% third-down conversion rate allowed), but they’ve been shining on the offensive side of the ball, ranking third-best in the NFL with a 48% third-down conversion rate.
- The Eagles have been a tough matchup for opposing teams in terms of yards per play, as they rank top-five in both offensive yards per play (fourth-best with 6.2) and yards per play allowed on defense (fourth-best at 5.3) this season.
- The Eagles have forced 25 total turnovers (second in NFL) this season and have turned it over 17 times (seventh in NFL) for a turnover margin of +8, the second-best in the NFL.
Best Players for Eagles
- Jalen Hurts: 3,472 PASS YDS / 248 YPG / 67.3% / 22 TD / 5 INT / 156 CAR / 747 RUSH YDS / 13 TD
- Miles Sanders: 236 CAR / 1,175 YDS / 78.3 YPG / 11 TD / 20 REC / 78 YDS / 5.2 YPG / 0 TD
- A.J. Brown: 80 REC / 1,304 YDS / 86.9 YPG / 10 TD
- DeVonta Smith: 79 REC / 1,014 YDS / 67.6 YPG / 7 TD
- Dallas Goedert: 46 REC / 611 YDS / 61.1 YPG / 3 TD
- Haason Reddick: 43 TKL / 9 TFL / 14 SACK / 3 PD
- T.J. Edwards: 138 TKL / 8 TFL / 2 SACK / 7 PD
- James Bradberry: 37 TKL / 2 TFL / 3 INT / 15 PD
Betting Insights for Saints
- The Saints are 6-9-0 against the spread this season.
- The Saints are winless against the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- Saints games have hit the over in six out of 15 opportunities (40%).
Stats & Insights for Saints
- The Saints are posting 337.1 total yards per contest on offense this season (18th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 322.4 total yards per contest (ninth-ranked).
- In terms of points scored the Saints rank 22nd in the NFL (20.2 points per game), and they are 14th on defense (21.7 points allowed per contest).
- The Saints have been dominant on pass defense, surrendering only 190.4 passing yards per contest (second-best). On offense, they rank 15th in the NFL by accumulating 223.1 passing yards per game.
- The Saints are posting 114 rushing yards per contest on offense this season (19th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 132 rushing yards per game (23rd-ranked) on defense.
- The Saints rank 14th in the NFL with a 40.5% third-down conversion percentage on offense, and 23rd with a 41.5% third-down percentage allowed on defense.
- The Saints have been thriving on defense in terms of yards per play, giving up just 5.3 (fourth-best). Offensively, they rank eighth in the NFL by putting up 5.9 yards per play.
- The Saints own a bottom-five turnover margin this season, second-worst at -12.
Best Players for Saints
- Andy Dalton: 2,495 PASS YDS / 207.9 YPG / 66.2% / 17 TD / 8 INT
- Alvin Kamara: 184 CAR / 717 YDS / 55.2 YPG / 2 TD / 55 REC / 480 YDS / 36.9 YPG / 2 TD
- Taysom Hill: 77 CAR / 505 YDS / 36.1 YPG / 6 TD / 7 REC / 66 YDS / 4.7 YPG / 2 TD
- Chris Olave: 63 REC / 940 YDS / 72.3 YPG / 3 TD
- Juwan Johnson: 36 REC / 425 YDS / 30.4 YPG / 7 TD
- Demario Davis: 93 TKL / 8 TFL / 6.5 SACK / 1 INT / 5 PD
- Tyrann Mathieu: 81 TKL / 3 TFL / 1 SACK / 2 INT / 7 PD