Table of Contents
The Kansas City Chiefs (12-3) head into a matchup against the Denver Broncos (4-11) on Sunday, January 1, 2023 at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium on a three-game winning streak.
The Chiefs sport the 15th-ranked defense this season (22.1 points allowed per game), and they’ve been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking second-best with 29.2 points per game. The Broncos have been excelling on the defensive side of the ball, surrendering just 314.3 total yards per game (fifth-best). On offense, they rank 26th by racking up 316.6 total yards per game.
Create your NFL Pool started with the Internet’s #1 pool creation and hosting platform. Get 15 friends together and play for free!
Start here >
Chiefs vs. Broncos Picks
The Chiefs are projected by BetterPool users to both win straight up and cover the spread against the Broncos on Sunday. At the moment, 97.7% of users are picking them to win and 100.0% have picked the Chiefs to cover the 13.5-point spread.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Chiefs vs. Broncos
- Game Day: Sunday, January 1, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium
Before you bet on Sunday’s Kansas City-Denver spread (Kansas City -13.5) or total (45 points), see the betting insights and trends below.
Betting Insights for Chiefs
- So far this season, the Chiefs have posted a 6-9-0 record against the spread.
- In games they have played as at least 13.5-point favorites this season, the Chiefs are 1-2 against the spread.
- Seven of the Chiefs’ 15 games with a set total have hit the over (46.7%).
Stats & Insights for Chiefs
- The Chiefs have the 15th-ranked defense this season (332.9 yards allowed per game), and they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking best with 420.6 yards per game.
- On the offensive side of the ball, the Chiefs have been a top-five unit, ranking second-best in the NFL by putting up 29.2 points per game. They rank 15th on defense (22.1 points allowed per game).
- The Chiefs rank 20th in pass defense this year (225.7 passing yards allowed per game), but they’ve been thriving on offense, ranking best in the NFL with 303.5 passing yards per game.
- Offensively, the Chiefs rank 17th in the NFL with 117.1 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank eighth in rushing yards allowed per contest (107.1).
- The Chiefs rank 12th in third-down defense this year (38.1% third-down conversion rate allowed), but they’ve been shining on offense, ranking best in the NFL with a 49.7% third-down percentage.
- On offense, the Chiefs have been a top-five unit in terms of yards per play, ranking best in the NFL by compiling 6.6 yards per play. They rank 10th on defense (5.5 yards per play allowed).
- The Chiefs own the fifth-worst turnover margin in the NFL at -5, forcing 16 turnovers (21st in NFL) while turning it over 21 times (24th in NFL).
Best Players for Chiefs
- Patrick Mahomes II: 4,720 PASS YDS / 314.7 YPG / 66.9% / 37 TD / 11 INT / 54 CAR / 321 RUSH YDS / 4 TD
- Isaih Pacheco: 153 CAR / 735 YDS / 49 YPG / 3 TD / 11 REC / 112 YDS / 7.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Travis Kelce: 97 REC / 1,257 YDS / 83.8 YPG / 12 TD
- JuJu Smith-Schuster: 74 REC / 877 YDS / 62.6 YPG / 3 TD
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling: 37 REC / 632 YDS / 42.1 YPG / 2 TD
- Chris Jones: 36 TKL / 14 TFL / 12 SACK / 4 PD
- Nick Bolton: 155 TKL / 9 TFL / 2 SACK / 2 INT / 2 PD
- L’Jarius Sneed: 102 TKL / 5 TFL / 3.5 SACK / 2 INT / 10 PD
Betting Insights for Broncos
- The Broncos’ ATS record is 6-9-0 this year.
- Broncos games have gone over the point total in four out of 15 opportunities (26.7%).
Stats & Insights for Broncos
- The Broncos’ defensive unit has been paving the way for the team, as they rank fifth-best in the NFL with 314.3 total yards allowed per contest. In terms of offense, they are compiling 316.6 total yards per game, which ranks 26th.
- The Broncos have been sputtering offensively, ranking worst in the NFL with 15.5 points per game. They have been more effective on defense, allowing 20.3 points per contest (seventh-ranked).
- The Broncos are compiling 209.1 passing yards per game on offense this season (21st-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 196.9 passing yards per contest (sixth-ranked) on defense.
- The Broncos rank 23rd in the NFL with 107.5 rushing yards per contest on offense, and they rank 16th with 117.4 rushing yards allowed per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- Offensively, the Broncos are a bottom-five unit on third down, putting up a 28.6% third-down conversion rate (worst). Fortunately, they are dominating on the other side of the ball, giving up a 33.5% third-down rate (fourth-best).
- The Broncos rank 24th in the NFL with 5.4 yards per play, but they’ve been led by their defense, which ranks third-best by surrendering only 5.2 yards per play.
- At -1, the Broncos sport the 17th-ranked turnover margin in the NFL, with 19 forced turnovers (16th in NFL) and 20 turnovers committed (19th in NFL).
Best Players for Broncos
- Russell Wilson: 3,019 PASS YDS / 232.2 YPG / 60.1% / 12 TD / 9 INT / 43 CAR / 232 RUSH YDS / 1 TD
- Latavius Murray: 144 CAR / 601 YDS / 54.6 YPG / 5 TD / 22 REC / 101 YDS / 9.2 YPG / 0 TD
- Jerry Jeudy: 55 REC / 780 YDS / 60 YPG / 6 TD
- Courtland Sutton: 57 REC / 752 YDS / 57.8 YPG / 1 TD
- Greg Dulcich: 33 REC / 411 YDS / 41.1 YPG / 2 TD
- DeShawn Williams: 34 TKL / 4 TFL / 4.5 SACK / 3 PD
- Alex Singleton: 135 TKL / 5 TFL / 3 PD
- Justin Simmons: 57 TKL / 2 TFL / 5 INT / 6 PD