Table of Contents
The Jacksonville Jaguars (7-8) head into a matchup with the Houston Texans (2-12-1) on Sunday, January 1, 2023 at NRG Stadium on a three-game winning streak.
The Jaguars are averaging 367.7 yards per game on offense this season (sixth in NFL), and they are giving up 361.1 yards per game (26th) on defense. The Texans’ offense has been bottom-five this season, putting up 16.9 points per game, which ranks second-worst in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 24th with 23.9 points surrendered per contest.
Jaguars vs. Texans Picks
BetterPool users are split on the Sunday NFL matchup between the Jaguars and the Texans. Currently, 10.0% of users think the Texans will win straight up as underdogs, while 100.0% of users think the Jaguars will cover as 4.5-point favorites.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Jaguars vs. Texans
- Game Day: Sunday, January 1, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: NRG Stadium
To help you make an informed wager on Jacksonville-Houston contest (in which Jacksonville is a 4.5-point favorite and the total is set at 43.5 points), below are a few betting insights and trends for Sunday’s game.
Betting Insights for Jaguars
- The Jaguars are 7-8-0 ATS this season.
- The Jaguars are winless against the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- Eight of the Jaguars’ 15 games with a set total have hit the over (53.3%).
Stats & Insights for Jaguars
- The Jaguars are putting up 367.7 yards per game on offense, which ranks them sixth in the NFL. On defense, they rank 26th, giving up 361.1 yards per game.
- The Jaguars rank 11th in scoring offense (23.5 points per game) and 15th in scoring defense (22.1 points allowed per game) this season.
- Despite sporting a bottom-five pass defense that ranks fourth-worst in the NFL (246.5 passing yards allowed per game), the Jaguars have put up better results offensively, ranking 10th in the NFL by putting up 239.2 passing yards per game.
- The Jaguars are averaging 128.5 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 11th in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank 14th, allowing 114.7 rushing yards per game.
- The Jaguars have the ninth-ranked third-down offense this year (42.2% third-down percentage), but they’ve been less effective on defense, ranking fourth-worst with a 44.6% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- The Jaguars rank eighth in offensive yards per play (5.9) and 18th in yards per play allowed (5.8) this season.
- With 24 forced turnovers (fourth in NFL) against 18 turnovers committed (11th in NFL), the Jaguars’ +6 turnover margin is the fifth-best in the NFL.
Best Players for Jaguars
- Trevor Lawrence: 3,749 PASS YDS / 249.9 YPG / 65.9% / 24 TD / 7 INT / 56 CAR / 290 RUSH YDS / 5 TD
- Travis Etienne: 204 CAR / 1,000 YDS / 66.7 YPG / 4 TD / 30 REC / 267 YDS / 17.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Christian Kirk: 76 REC / 988 YDS / 65.9 YPG / 7 TD
- Zay Jones: 75 REC / 778 YDS / 55.6 YPG / 5 TD
- Evan Engram: 68 REC / 723 YDS / 48.2 YPG / 4 TD
- Josh Allen: 46 TKL / 10 TFL / 5 SACK / 2 PD
- Foyesade Oluokun: 162 TKL / 10 TFL / 1 SACK / 3 PD
- Andre Cisco: 64 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 SACK / 3 INT / 9 PD
Betting Insights for Texans
- The Texans have a 7-7-1 record against the spread this year.
- When they have played as at least 4.5-point underdogs this season, the Texans are 6-5 against the spread.
- Out of the Texans’ 15 games with a set total, six have hit the over (40%).
Stats & Insights for Texans
- This season has been hard for the Texans on both sides of the ball, as they are posting only 278.9 total yards per game (worst) and ceding 381.1 total yards per game (third-worst).
- The Texans have been sputtering offensively, ranking second-worst in the NFL with 16.9 points per game. They have been better on the other side of the ball, allowing 23.9 points per contest (24th-ranked).
- The Texans are accumulating 190 passing yards per game on offense this season (26th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 212.5 passing yards per contest (13th-ranked) on defense.
- The Texans have struggled on both offense and defense in terms of rushing this season, ranking third-worst in rushing yards (88.9 per game) and worst in rushing yards allowed (168.6 per game).
- The Texans’ offense has been struggling on third down, ranking third-worst in the NFL with a 29.5% third-down conversion rate. They have been better on defense, surrendering a 39.8% third-down rate (18th-ranked).
- The Texans’ offense has been bottom-five in yards per play this season, posting 5, which ranks worst in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 24th, allowing 5.9 yards per play.
- With 22 forced turnovers (ninth in NFL) and 24 turnovers committed (30th in NFL) this season, the Texans rank 20th in the NFL with a turnover margin of -2.
Best Players for Texans
- Davis Mills: 2,618 PASS YDS / 201.4 YPG / 61.8% / 14 TD / 13 INT
- Royce Freeman: 27 CAR / 83 YDS / 41.5 YPG / 0 TD / 2 REC / 11 YDS / 5.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Rex Burkhead: 26 CAR / 80 YDS / 5.7 YPG / 0 TD / 33 REC / 193 YDS / 13.8 YPG / 1 TD
- Brandin Cooks: 48 REC / 554 YDS / 50.4 YPG / 2 TD
- Chris Moore: 43 REC / 505 YDS / 36.1 YPG / 2 TD
- Jordan Akins: 31 REC / 387 YDS / 29.8 YPG / 3 TD
- Jerry Hughes: 29 TKL / 9 TFL / 8 SACK / 1 INT / 1 PD
- Jalen Pitre: 126 TKL / 5 TFL / 1 SACK / 4 INT / 7 PD