Table of Contents
The Minnesota Vikings (12-3) visit a streaking Green Bay Packers (7-8) squad on Sunday, January 1, 2023 at Lambeau Field. The Packers have won three straight games.
The Packers are averaging 342.6 yards per game offensively this year (16th in NFL), and they are giving up 336.8 yards per game (17th) on the defensive side of the ball. The Vikings have not been getting things done defensively, ranking fifth-worst with 24.9 points given up per game. They have been better on the other side of the ball, putting up 25.2 points per contest (seventh-ranked).
Packers vs. Vikings Picks
The Vikings are projected by BetterPool users to both cover the spread and win straight up as underdogs against the Packers on Sunday. Currently, 57.7% of users are projecting them to win the game and 100.0% are picking the Vikings to cover the 3.5-point spread.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Packers vs. Vikings
- Game Day: Sunday, January 1, 2023
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Stadium: Lambeau Field
Green Bay is a 3.5-point favorite against Minnesota on Sunday and the total is set at 47 points. Below are a few betting insights and trends to help you make an informed wager on the contest.
Betting Insights for Packers
- The Packers have posted a 7-8-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this season they were favored by 3.5 points or more, the Packers have a 3-5 record against the spread.
- The teams have hit the over in seven of the Packers’ 15 games with a set total.
Stats & Insights for Packers
- The Packers rank 16th in total offense (342.6 yards per game) and 17th in total defense (336.8 yards allowed per game) this season.
- The Packers are putting up 20.9 points per game on offense (18th in NFL), and they rank 17th on the other side of the ball with 22.3 points allowed per game.
- The Packers rank 17th in passing yards this year (219.5 per game), but they’ve been playing really well on the other side of the ball, ranking third-best in the NFL with 192.4 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Packers rank 14th in run offense (123.1 rushing yards per game) and 26th in run defense (144.4 rushing yards allowed per game) this season.
- The Packers are putting up a 38.6% third-down conversion rate on offense (19th in the NFL), and they rank ninth on the other side of the ball with a 37.6% third-down percentage allowed.
- The Packers rank 13th in offensive yards per play (5.7) and 26th in yards per play allowed (6) this season.
- The Packers rank 13th in the NFL with an even turnover margin after forcing 20 turnovers (12th in the NFL) while committing 20 (19th in the NFL).
Best Players for Packers
- Aaron Rodgers: 3,331 PASS YDS / 222.1 YPG / 64.8% / 24 TD / 11 INT
- Aaron Jones: 187 CAR / 962 YDS / 64.1 YPG / 2 TD / 54 REC / 373 YDS / 24.9 YPG / 5 TD
- A.J. Dillon: 165 CAR / 696 YDS / 46.4 YPG / 6 TD / 28 REC / 206 YDS / 13.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Allen Lazard: 51 REC / 688 YDS / 52.9 YPG / 5 TD
- Christian Watson: 35 REC / 496 YDS / 41.3 YPG / 7 TD
- Romeo Doubs: 39 REC / 405 YDS / 36.8 YPG / 3 TD
- Preston Smith: 55 TKL / 9 TFL / 8.5 SACK / 1 PD
- Quay Walker: 104 TKL / 5 TFL / 1.5 SACK / 6 PD
- Jaire Alexander: 53 TKL / 4 TFL / 5 INT / 13 PD
Betting Insights for Vikings
- The Vikings’ ATS record is 6-8-1 this year.
- The Vikings are a perfect 1-0 against the spread when an underdog by 3.5 points or more this season.
- The teams have hit the over in 10 of the Vikings’ 15 games with a set total.
Stats & Insights for Vikings
- The Vikings have not been getting things done defensively, ranking second-worst with 402.3 total yards allowed per game. They have been more productive on offense, compiling 354.5 total yards per contest (12th-ranked).
- The Vikings have been struggling on defense, ranking fifth-worst with 24.9 points given up per game. They have been more productive on offense, posting 25.2 points per contest (seventh-ranked).
- The Vikings have been struggling against the pass, ranking worst with 281.5 passing yards given up per game. They have been more effective on offense, regstering 259.9 passing yards per contest (sixth-ranked).
- The Vikings’ rushing offense has been bottom-five this season, posting 94.5 rushing yards per game, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 19th with 120.8 rushing yards conceded per contest.
- In terms of third-down efficiency, the Vikings rank 15th in the NFL (40.4% third-down conversion rate) and ninth on defense (37.6% third-down rate allowed).
- The Vikings’ defense has been bottom-five this season in terms of yards per play, ceding 6.2, which ranks second-worst in the NFL. Offensively, they rank 13th at 5.7 yards per play.
- The Vikings have fared really well in terms of turnovers, as their turnover margin of +6 ranks fifth-best in the NFL, with 23 forced turnovers (eighth in league) and 17 turnovers committed (seventh in league).
Best Players for Vikings
- Kirk Cousins: 4,117 PASS YDS / 274.5 YPG / 65.7% / 27 TD / 11 INT
- Dalvin Cook: 244 CAR / 1,109 YDS / 73.9 YPG / 8 TD / 36 REC / 278 YDS / 18.5 YPG / 2 TD
- Alexander Mattison: 56 CAR / 191 YDS / 12.7 YPG / 3 TD / 13 REC / 78 YDS / 5.2 YPG / 1 TD
- Justin Jefferson: 123 REC / 1,756 YDS / 117.1 YPG / 8 TD
- T.J. Hockenson: 78 REC / 839 YDS / 55.9 YPG / 6 TD
- Adam Thielen: 67 REC / 692 YDS / 46.1 YPG / 5 TD
- Danielle Hunter: 62 TKL / 12 TFL / 10.5 SACK / 3 PD
- Eric Kendricks: 130 TKL / 8 TFL / 1 SACK / 6 PD
- Harrison Smith: 80 TKL / 1 TFL / 5 INT / 10 PD