Table of Contents
The San Francisco 49ers (11-4) will look to continue an eight-game winning streak when they visit the Las Vegas Raiders (6-9) on Sunday, January 1, 2023 at Allegiant Stadium.
The 49ers sport the ninth-ranked offense this season (363.4 yards per game), and they’ve been even more effective defensively, ranking best with only 290.3 yards allowed per game. In terms of total yards, the Raiders rank 14th in the NFL (347.6 total yards per game) and 25th on the other side of the ball (360.9 total yards allowed per game).
49ers vs. Raiders Picks
A majority of BetterPool users have picked the Raiders to win as underdogs against the 49ers on Sunday (10.2% of users), while 100.0% think the 49ers will cover as 5.5-point favorites.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: 49ers vs. Raiders
- Game Day: Sunday, January 1, 2023
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Paradise, Nevada
- Stadium: Allegiant Stadium
Check out the betting insights and trends below before placing a wager on Sunday’s San Francisco-Las Vegas spread (San Francisco -5.5) or total (44.5 points).
Betting Insights for 49ers
- So far this season, the 49ers have posted a 10-5-0 record against the spread.
- In games they have played as at least 5.5-point favorites this season, the 49ers are 5-2 against the spread.
- The teams have hit the over in seven of the 49ers’ 15 games with a set total.
Stats & Insights for 49ers
- The 49ers rank ninth in total offense this season (363.4 yards per game), but they’ve been playing really well on the defensive side of the ball, ranking best in the NFL with 290.3 yards allowed per game.
- The 49ers own the eighth-ranked offense this season (25 points per game), and they’ve been better on defense, ranking best with only 15.3 points allowed per game.
- From an offensive standpoint, the 49ers rank 12th in the NFL with 228.7 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 16th in passing yards allowed per contest (215.3).
- The 49ers rank ninth in rushing yards this year (134.7 rushing yards per game), but they’ve been shining on the defensive side of the ball, ranking best in the NFL with 75 rushing yards allowed per game.
- From an offensive standpoint, the 49ers rank sixth in the NFL with a 44.7% third-down percentage. Meanwhile, they rank 14th in third-down conversion rate allowed (38.9%).
- The 49ers have been finding success on both sides of the ball in terms of yards per play, ranking fifth-best in yards per play on offense (6.1) and best in yards per play allowed on defense (5.1).
- The 49ers own the second-best turnover margin in the league at +8, forcing 24 turnovers (fourth in NFL) while turning it over 16 times (fourth in NFL).
Best Players for 49ers
- Jimmy Garoppolo: 2,437 PASS YDS / 221.5 YPG / 67.2% / 16 TD / 4 INT
- Christian McCaffrey: 215 CAR / 973 YDS / 64.9 YPG / 7 TD / 76 REC / 635 YDS / 42.3 YPG / 4 TD
- Deebo Samuel: 41 CAR / 228 YDS / 19 YPG / 3 TD / 54 REC / 612 YDS / 51 YPG / 2 TD
- Brandon Aiyuk: 65 REC / 855 YDS / 57 YPG / 7 TD
- George Kittle: 52 REC / 713 YDS / 54.8 YPG / 8 TD
- Nick Bosa: 48 TKL / 18 TFL / 17.5 SACK / 1 PD
- Dre Greenlaw: 117 TKL / 3 TFL / 1 INT / 6 PD
- Talanoa Hufanga: 82 TKL / 5 TFL / 2 SACK / 4 INT / 9 PD
Betting Insights for Raiders
- The Raiders are 7-8-0 ATS this season.
- The Raiders are a perfect 1-0 against the spread when an underdog by 5.5 points or more this year.
- The teams have hit the over in eight of the Raiders’ 15 games with a set total.
Stats & Insights for Raiders
- With 347.6 total yards per game on offense, the Raiders rank 14th in the NFL in 2022. On defense, they rank 25th, giving up 360.9 total yards per game.
- With 23.2 points per game on offense, the Raiders rank 12th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 22nd, giving up 23.3 points per game.
- The Raiders are generating 225.9 passing yards per game on offense this season (13th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 244.3 passing yards per contest (27th-ranked) on defense.
- With 121.7 rushing yards per game on offense, the Raiders rank 15th in the NFL. On defense they rank 15th, surrendering 116.6 rushing yards per game.
- With a 39% third-down conversion percentage on offense, the Raiders rank 18th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 21st, surrendering a 40.7% third-down rate.
- The Raiders rank eighth in the NFL with 5.9 yards per play on offense, and they rank 18th with 5.8 yards ceded per play on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Raiders sport a bottom-five turnover margin this season, fifth-worst at -5.
Best Players for Raiders
- Derek Carr: 3,522 PASS YDS / 234.8 YPG / 60.8% / 24 TD / 14 INT
- Josh Jacobs: 306 CAR / 1,539 YDS / 102.6 YPG / 11 TD / 47 REC / 369 YDS / 24.6 YPG / 0 TD
- Davante Adams: 88 REC / 1,290 YDS / 86 YPG / 12 TD
- Mack Hollins: 52 REC / 635 YDS / 42.3 YPG / 4 TD
- Maxx Crosby: 81 TKL / 19 TFL / 11.5 SACK / 3 PD
- Denzel Perryman: 82 TKL / 14 TFL / 1 SACK / 2 INT / 2 PD