Table of Contents
The New York Jets (7-8), losers of four straight games, visit the Seattle Seahawks (7-8), who have lost three straight, on Sunday, January 1, 2023 at Lumen Field.
On the defensive side of the ball, the Jets have been a top-five unit, ranking third-best by surrendering only 309.3 yards per game. They rank 21st on offense (329.5 yards per game). The Seahawks’ defense has been a bottom-five unit in total defense this season, surrendering 373.4 total yards per game, which ranks fourth-worst. On the offensive side of the ball, they rank 13th with 348.5 total yards per contest.
Jets vs. Seahawks Picks
The majority of BetterPool users have picked the Seahawks to win as underdogs against the Jets on Sunday (70.0% of users), while 100.0% think the Jets will cover the spread as 2.5-point favorites.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Jets vs. Seahawks
- Game Day: Sunday, January 1, 2023
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: Lumen Field
Read these betting insights and trends before you wager on Sunday’s New York-Seattle spread (New York -2.5) or total (42.5 points).
Betting Insights for Jets
- The Jets have an 8-7-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Jets have a 1-1 record against the spread when favored by 2.5 points or more this season.
- Five of the Jets’ 15 games with a set total have hit the over (33.3%).
Stats & Insights for Jets
- On defense, the Jets have been a top-five unit, ranking third-best by giving up just 309.3 yards per game. They rank 21st on offense (329.5 yards per game).
- The Jets rank 25th in points scored this year (18.9 points per game), but they’ve been playing really well on defense, ranking fourth-best in the NFL with 18.8 points allowed per game.
- The Jets sport the 14th-ranked offense this season in terms of passing yards (224.7 passing yards per game), and they’ve been better defensively, ranking fifth-best with just 195.5 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Jets are compiling 104.9 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 25th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 11th, giving up 113.9 rushing yards per game.
- The Jets rank fourth-worst in third-down conversion rate (34.1%), but they’ve been better on defense, ranking 14th with a 38.9% third-down percentage allowed.
- The Jets have the best defense in the NFL in terms of yards per play allowed (5.1), while their offense is ranked 20th, putting up 5.5 per play.
- With 16 forced turnovers (21st in NFL) against 20 turnovers committed (19th in NFL), the Jets’ -4 turnover margin ranks 26th in the NFL.
Best Players for Jets
- Zach Wilson: 1,688 PASS YDS / 187.6 YPG / 54.5% / 6 TD / 7 INT / 28 CAR / 102 RUSH YDS / 1 TD
- James Robinson: 110 CAR / 425 YDS / 38.6 YPG / 3 TD / 11 REC / 51 YDS / 4.6 YPG / 2 TD
- Michael Carter: 110 CAR / 396 YDS / 28.3 YPG / 3 TD / 37 REC / 284 YDS / 20.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Garrett Wilson: 71 REC / 996 YDS / 66.4 YPG / 4 TD
- Corey Davis: 28 REC / 474 YDS / 43.1 YPG / 2 TD
- Tyler Conklin: 50 REC / 459 YDS / 30.6 YPG / 3 TD
- Quinnen Williams: 49 TKL / 12 TFL / 12 SACK / 4 PD
- C.J. Mosley: 142 TKL / 3 TFL / 1 SACK / 1 INT / 6 PD
- Lamarcus Joyner: 56 TKL / 3 INT / 6 PD
Betting Insights for Seahawks
- So far this season, the Seahawks have put together a 6-9-0 record against the spread.
- The Seahawks have a 4-5 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 2.5 points or more.
- The Seahawks have gone over in eight of their 15 games with a set total (53.3%).
Stats & Insights for Seahawks
- The Seahawks have not been getting things done defensively, ranking fourth-worst with 373.4 total yards surrendered per game. They have been better on the other side of the ball, putting up 348.5 total yards per contest (13th-ranked).
- The Seahawks’ defense has been bottom-five in scoring defense this season, allowing 25.3 points per game, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL. Offensively, they rank ninth with 24.3 points per contest.
- With 238.7 passing yards per game on offense, the Seahawks rank 11th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 17th, surrendering 217.9 passing yards per contest.
- The Seahawks rank 21st in rushing yards per game (109.8), but they’ve been less productive on the other side of the ball, ranking second-worst in the NFL with 155.5 rushing yards allowed per contest.
- The Seahawks’ defense has been a bottom-five unit on third down this season, allowing a 44% third-down conversion percentage, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL. On offense, they rank 17th with a 44% third-down rate.
- The Seahawks’ offense has been paving the way for the team, as they rank fifth-best in the NFL with 6.1 yards per play. In terms of defense, they are allowing 5.9 yards per play, which ranks 24th.
- The Seahawks have a 0 turnover margin this season, which ranks 13th in the NFL.
Best Players for Seahawks
- Geno Smith: 3,886 PASS YDS / 259.1 YPG / 70.7% / 27 TD / 9 INT / 59 CAR / 297 RUSH YDS / 1 TD
- Kenneth Walker III: 176 CAR / 803 YDS / 61.8 YPG / 9 TD / 25 REC / 146 YDS / 11.2 YPG / 0 TD
- D.K. Metcalf: 86 REC / 1,005 YDS / 67 YPG / 6 TD
- Tyler Lockett: 78 REC / 964 YDS / 68.9 YPG / 8 TD
- Noah Fant: 44 REC / 426 YDS / 28.4 YPG / 4 TD
- Uchenna Nwosu: 57 TKL / 9 TFL / 9 SACK / 3 PD
- Jordyn Brooks: 157 TKL / 2 TFL / 1 SACK / 5 PD
- Tariq Woolen: 53 TKL / 1 TFL / 6 INT / 14 PD