Table of Contents
The Samford Bulldogs (6-7, 0-0 SoCon) are 3.5-point favorites as they try to turn around a seven-game losing streak when they host the Mercer Bears (7-6, 0-0 SoCon) on Wednesday, December 28, 2022 at Pete Hanna Center. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET. The over/under for the matchup is set at 145.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Bulldogs vs. Bears
- Game Day: Wednesday, December 28, 2022
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: Birmingham, Alabama
- Arena: Pete Hanna Center
Samford Betting Stats & Information
- Samford has gone 3-2 in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 60%).
- The Bulldogs have not played a game with moneyline odds of -149 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Bulldogs have put together a 4-5-0 record against the spread.
- The Bears have a 3-2 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 3.5 points or more this year.
- Samford’s average point total in outings this season is 150, five points higher than the over/under in this game.
Mercer Betting Stats & Info
- Mercer has won one of the five games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Bears have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +130 moneyline set for this game.
- So far this year, the Bears have compiled a 6-6-0 record against the spread.
- The Bears are 3-2 against the spread when an underdog by 3.5 points or more this year.
- The average point total for Mercer this season is one point higher than this game’s over/under.
Samford vs. Mercer Season Stat Comparison
|Samford Rank||Samford AVG||Mercer AVG||Mercer Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Samford Bulldogs Leaders
- The Bulldogs scoring leader is Ques Glover, who averages 13.8 per contest to go with 2.4 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
- Jermaine Marshall leads Samford in rebounding, averaging 5.9 per game, while Bubba Parham leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 2.7 in each contest.
- The Bulldogs get the most three-point shooting production out of Parham, who knocks down 1.8 threes per game.
Mercer Bears Leaders
- Jalyn McCreary scores 15.2 points per game to be the top scorer for the Bears.
- David Craig puts up a stat line of 5.6 rebounds, 8.8 points and 0.6 assists per game for Mercer to take the top rebound spot on the team. Luis Hurtado holds the top spot for assists with 5.5 per game, adding 10.2 points and 5.4 rebounds per matchup.
- Kamar Robertson knocks down 2.2 three-pointers per game, the most on the Bears.