Table of Contents
The Illinois State Redbirds (6-7, 1-1 MVC) are slight underdogs (by 3 points) to stop a five-game road losing streak when they visit the UIC Flames (8-5, 0-2 MVC) on Wednesday, December 28, 2022 at 8:00 PM ET. The over/under for the matchup is set at 137.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Flames vs. Redbirds
- Game Day: Wednesday, December 28, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Arena: Credit Union 1 Arena
UIC Betting Stats & Information
- UIC has won all six games when the moneyline favorite this season.
- The Flames have not yet played as a moneyline favorite of -145 or shorter.
- The Flames have a 9-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Redbirds are 2-4 against the spread when an underdog by 3 points or more this season.
- UIC’s average point total in outings this year is 137.4, 0.4 points higher than the total in this game.
Illinois State Betting Stats & Info
- Illinois State has won one of the six games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Redbirds have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +125 moneyline set for this game.
- The Redbirds have a 5-8-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Redbirds are 2-4 against the spread when an underdog by 3 points or more this year.
- The average point total for Illinois State this season is 0.3 points higher than this game’s over/under.
UIC vs. Illinois State Season Stat Comparison
|UIC Rank||UIC AVG||Illinois State AVG||Illinois State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
UIC Flames Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Flames this season is Jace Carter, who averages 16.2 points, 5.7 rebounds, and 1.4 assists per game.
- Toby Okani leads UIC in rebounding, averaging 7.7 per game, while Trevante Anderson leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.1 in each contest.
- Carter makes more threes per game than any other member of the Flames, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.7 per contest.
Illinois State Redbirds Leaders
- Kendall Lewis averages 12.7 points and 7.6 rebounds per game for the Redbirds, enough to make him the top scorer and rebounder on the team.
- Darius Burford’s assist statline paces Illinois State; he dishes out 2.3 assists per game.
- Malachi Poindexter is reliable from distance and leads the Redbirds with 1.6 made threes per game.