Table of Contents
The Rice Owls (9-3, 0-1 C-USA) will try to extend a three-game win streak when they hit the road to play the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (8-3, 0-0 C-USA) on Thursday, December 29, 2022 at E. A. Diddle Arena as 5.5-point underdogs. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 150.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Hilltoppers vs. Owls
- Game Day: Thursday, December 29, 2022
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Arena: E. A. Diddle Arena
Western Kentucky Betting Stats & Information
- Western Kentucky has won five of eight games when favored on the moneyline this season (62.5%).
- The Hilltoppers have not yet played a game with moneyline odds of -280 or shorter.
- The Hilltoppers have a 3-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Owls are 1-1 against the spread when an underdog by 5.5 points or more this year.
- The average point total in Western Kentucky’s games this year is 7.8 fewer points than the over/under of 150 in this matchup.
Rice Betting Stats & Info
- Rice has been underdogs in four games this season and won one (25%) of those contests.
- The Owls have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +218 moneyline set for this game.
- The Owls have a 6-3-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Owls have a 1-1 record against the spread when an underdog by 5.5 points or more this season.
- Rice’s games this year have averaged an over/under of 156.3 points, 6.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
Western Kentucky vs. Rice Season Stat Comparison
|Western Kentucky Rank||Western Kentucky AVG||Rice AVG||Rice Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Leaders
- The Hilltoppers leader in points and assists is Dayvion McKnight, who puts up 16.5 points per game to go with 4.6 assists.
- Jairus Hamilton leads Western Kentucky in rebounding, grabbing 6.5 rebounds per game while also scoring 9.9 points a contest.
- The Hilltoppers get the most three-point shooting production out of Luke Frampton, who makes 2.9 threes per game.
Rice Owls Leaders
- Max Fiedler paces the Owls in rebounds and assists with 7.4 rebounds and 5.3 assists per game.
- Quincy Olivari counts for 18.9 points per game, making him the top scorer on Rice’s team.
- Olivari is dependable from deep and leads the Owls with 2.6 made threes per game.