Table of Contents
The Marshall Thundering Herd (12-2, 1-0 Sun Belt) are 4.5-point favorites as they try to extend a nine-game home win streak when they host the James Madison Dukes (10-4, 1-0 Sun Belt) on Saturday, December 31, 2022 at Cam Henderson Center. The game airs at 2:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 156.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Thundering Herd vs. Dukes
- Game Day: Saturday, December 31, 2022
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Location: Huntington, West Virginia
- Arena: Cam Henderson Center
Marshall Betting Stats & Information
- Marshall has won 83.3% of its games this season when the moneyline favorite (10-2).
- The Thundering Herd have not played a game with moneyline odds of -193 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Thundering Herd have compiled a 10-3-0 record against the spread.
- The Dukes are 1-1 against the spread when an underdog by 4.5 points or more this year.
- The average total Marshall has had set in matchups this year is 4.9 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
James Madison Betting Stats & Info
- James Madison has lost both games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Dukes have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +156 moneyline set for this game.
- So far this season, the Dukes have put together a 9-3-0 record against the spread.
- The Dukes have a 1-1 record against the spread when an underdog by 4.5 points or more this year.
- James Madison’s games this year have averaged an over/under of 156.2 points, 0.3 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Marshall vs. James Madison Season Stat Comparison
|Marshall Rank||Marshall AVG||James Madison AVG||James Madison Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Marshall Thundering Herd Leaders
- Taevion Kinsey leads the Thundering Herd in points and assists per game, scoring 20.6 points and distributing 5.5 assists.
- Micah Handlogten is Marshall’s best rebounder, pulling down an average of 10.7 boards in each contest while scoring 7.6 points per game.
- The Thundering Herd get the most three-point shooting production out of Kamdyn Curfman, who knocks down 3.3 threes per game.
James Madison Dukes Leaders
- Vado Morse puts up 13.2 points per game to be the top scorer for the Dukes.
- James Madison’s leader in rebounds is Mezie Offurum with 5.2 per game, and its leader in assists is Terell Strickland with three per game.
- Morse knocks down 2.7 three-pointers per game, the most on the Dukes.