Table of Contents
The Villanova Wildcats (7-6, 1-1 Big East) are just 2.5-point favorites as they try to extend a three-game home winning streak when they square off against the Marquette Golden Eagles (10-4, 2-1 Big East) on Saturday, December 31, 2022 at The William B. Finneran Pavilion. The contest airs at 2:00 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is 145.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Wildcats vs. Golden Eagles
- Game Day: Saturday, December 31, 2022
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Location: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
- Arena: The William B. Finneran Pavilion
Villanova Betting Stats & Information
- Villanova has won 60% of its games this season when favored on the moneyline (6-4).
- The Wildcats have not yet played as a moneyline favorite of -135 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Wildcats have compiled a 5-8-0 record against the spread.
- The Golden Eagles have a 3-0 record against the spread this season when an underdog by 2.5 points or more.
- The average point total in Villanova’s games this year is 6.2 fewer points than the over/under of 145 in this matchup.
Marquette Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Marquette has won one out of the three games in which it has been the underdog.
- The Golden Eagles have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +111.
- The Golden Eagles are 9-5-0 ATS this season.
- The Golden Eagles are a perfect 3-0 against the spread when an underdog by 2.5 points or more this year.
- The average point total for Marquette this year is 7.6 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Villanova vs. Marquette Season Stat Comparison
|Villanova Rank||Villanova AVG||Marquette AVG||Marquette Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Villanova Wildcats Leaders
- The Wildcats leader in points and assists is Caleb Daniels, who puts up 16.2 points per game to go with 3.4 assists.
- Eric Dixon leads Villanova in rebounding, pulling down 6.2 rebounds per game while also scoring 16.2 points a contest.
- Daniels makes more threes per game than any other member of the Wildcats, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of two per contest.
Marquette Golden Eagles Leaders
- Kam Jones sits at the top of the Golden Eagles scoring leaderboard with 16.2 points per game. He also pulls down 3.7 rebounds and racks up 2.1 assists per game.
- Oso Ighodaro has a stat line of seven rebounds, 11.9 points and 3.4 assists per game for Marquette to take the top rebound spot on the team. Tyler Kolek has the top spot for assists with 7.5 per game, adding 9.4 points and 4.1 rebounds per contest.
- Jones averages 2.6 three-pointers per game, the most on the Golden Eagles.