Table of Contents
The Winthrop Eagles (5-9, 0-1 Big South) are favored (-1.5) to end a four-game losing streak when they host the UNC Asheville Bulldogs (9-5, 1-0 Big South) at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, December 31, 2022 at Winthrop Coliseum. The matchup has an over/under set at 152.5 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Eagles vs. Bulldogs
- Game Day: Saturday, December 31, 2022
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Location: Rock Hill, South Carolina
- Arena: Winthrop Coliseum
Winthrop Betting Stats & Information
- Winthrop has gone 2-2 in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 50%).
- The Eagles have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -127 or shorter.
- The Eagles’ ATS record is 4-8-0 this season.
- When they have played as at least 1.5-point underdogs this season, the Bulldogs are 2-2 against the spread.
- The average point total for Winthrop’s games this season is 2.3 fewer points than the over/under of 152.5 in this matchup.
UNC Asheville Betting Stats & Info
- UNC Asheville has won two of the four games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Bulldogs have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +103 odds on them winning this game.
- So far this season, the Bulldogs have put together a 6-6-0 record against the spread.
- When they have played as at least 1.5-point underdogs this year, the Bulldogs are 2-2 against the spread.
- UNC Asheville’s games this year have averaged a total of 151.6 points, 0.9 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Winthrop vs. UNC Asheville Season Stat Comparison
|Winthrop Rank||Winthrop AVG||UNC Asheville AVG||UNC Asheville Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Winthrop Eagles Leaders
- The Eagles leader in points and rebounds is Kelton Talford, who scores 17.3 points and grabs 7.7 rebounds per game.
- Winthrop’s best passer is Cory Hightower, who averages three assists per game to go with his 14 PPG scoring average.
- Toneari Lane makes more threes per game than any other member of the Eagles, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.5 per contest.
UNC Asheville Bulldogs Leaders
- Drew Pember records 18.1 points and 8.9 rebounds per game for the Bulldogs, making him the leading scorer and rebounder on the team.
- Caleb Burgess dishes out more assists than any other UNC Asheville teammate with 3.2 per game. He also averages 2.8 points and pulls down 1.2 rebounds per game.
- Tajion Jones is dependable from three-point range and leads the Bulldogs with three made threes per game.