Table of Contents
The Southern Jaguars (4-9, 0-0 SWAC) are 3.5-point underdogs as they attempt to stop a six-game road slide when they visit the Texas Southern Tigers (4-9, 0-0 SWAC) on Monday, January 2, 2023 at Health & PE Arena. The matchup airs at 8:30 PM ET. The over/under in the matchup is 140.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Jaguars
- Game Day: Monday, January 2, 2023
- Game Time: 8:30 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Arena: Health & PE Arena
Texas Southern Betting Stats & Information
- Texas Southern has been the moneyline favorite only two other times so far this season, and it split the two games.
- The Tigers have not played as a moneyline favorite of -160 or shorter.
- The Tigers’ ATS record is 4-7-0 this season.
- When they have played as at least 3.5-point underdogs this season, the Jaguars are 6-2 against the spread.
- Texas Southern’s average point total in matchups this year is 140.1, 0.4 points below the over/under in this game.
Southern Betting Stats & Info
- Southern has been underdogs in eight games this season and won one (12.5%) of those contests.
- The Jaguars have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +129 odds on them winning this game.
- So far this season, the Jaguars have put together a 7-4-0 record against the spread.
- In games they have played as at least 3.5-point underdogs this season, the Jaguars are 6-2 against the spread.
- The average over/under in Southern’s games this year is 8.4 more points than the point total of 140.5 in this outing.
Texas Southern vs. Southern Season Stat Comparison
|Texas Southern Rank||Texas Southern AVG||Southern AVG||Southern Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Texas Southern Tigers Leaders
- Davon Barnes leads the Tigers in scoring, tallying 14.5 points per game to go with 4.3 rebounds and 1.7 assists.
- Joirdon Karl Nicholas is Texas Southern’s leading rebounder, grabbing 9.1 per game, while PJ Henry is its best passer, distributing 2.2 assists in each contest.
- The Tigers get the most three-point shooting production out of Henry, who makes 1.7 threes per game.
Southern Jaguars Leaders
- Bryson Etienne is the top scorer for the Jaguars with 12.1 points per game. He also tacks on 3.3 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game to his stats.
- Southern’s leader in rebounds is Terrell Williams Jr. with 3.8 per game, and its leader in assists is P.J. Byrd with 5.6 per game.
- Brion Whitley averages 2.2 three-pointers per game, the most on the Jaguars.