Table of Contents
Two struggling teams meet at Hard Rock Stadium on Sunday, January 8, 2023 when the Miami Dolphins (8-8) look to end their five-game lose streak against the New York Jets (7-9), who have lost five games in a row.
The Dolphins are totaling 368.4 yards per game on offense this season (sixth in NFL), and they are surrendering 347.3 yards per game (20th) on defense. The Jets’ defense has been leading the charge for the team, as they rank fourth-best in the NFL with 19.1 points allowed per game. In terms of offense, they are posting 18.1 points per game, which ranks 27th.
Dolphins vs. Jets Picks
BetterPool users think the Dolphins will win straight up and also cover against the Jets, with 80.9% of users picking them to win and 66.7% picking them to cover the 1-point spread on Sunday.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Dolphins vs. Jets
- Game Day: Sunday, January 8, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- Location: Miami Gardens, Florida
- Stadium: Hard Rock Stadium
Check out these betting trends and insights before you wager on Sunday’s Miami-New York spread (Miami -1) or total (38 points).
Betting Insights for Dolphins
- The Dolphins have a 9-8-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Dolphins have a 4-5 record against the spread in games they were favored by 1 point or more this season.
- The teams have hit the over in eight of the Dolphins’ 17 games with a set total.
Stats & Insights for Dolphins
- Offensively, the Dolphins rank sixth in the NFL with 368.4 yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 20th in total defense (347.3 yards allowed per contest).
- The Dolphins are compiling 24.1 points per game on offense (10th in NFL), and they rank 27th on the other side of the ball with 24.6 points allowed per game.
- The Dolphins rank 27th in pass defense this year (240.1 passing yards allowed per game), but they’ve been playing really well on offense, ranking third-best in the NFL with 273.2 passing yards per game.
- From an offensive standpoint, the Dolphins rank 27th in the NFL with 95.3 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank eighth in rushing yards allowed per contest (107.1).
- On offense, the Dolphins rank 23rd in the NFL with a 36.6% third-down percentage. Meanwhile, they rank 24th in third-down conversion rate allowed (41.5%).
- The Dolphins sport the 17th-ranked defense this year in terms of yards per play (5.7 yards per play allowed), and they’ve been more effective offensively, ranking second-best with 6.5 yards per play.
- The Dolphins have forced 14 total turnovers (30th in NFL) this season and have turned it over 21 times (16th in NFL) for a turnover margin of -7, the fourth-worst in the league.
Best Players for Dolphins
- Tua Tagovailoa: 3,548 PASS YDS / 272.9 YPG / 64.8% / 25 TD / 8 INT
- Raheem Mostert: 170 CAR / 820 YDS / 54.7 YPG / 3 TD / 29 REC / 212 YDS / 14.1 YPG / 2 TD
- Jeff Wilson Jr.: 160 CAR / 788 YDS / 52.5 YPG / 5 TD / 20 REC / 183 YDS / 12.2 YPG / 1 TD
- Tyreek Hill: 117 REC / 1,687 YDS / 105.4 YPG / 7 TD
- Jaylen Waddle: 70 REC / 1,312 YDS / 82 YPG / 8 TD
- Trent Sherfield: 30 REC / 417 YDS / 26.1 YPG / 2 TD
- Bradley Chubb: 39 TKL / 5 TFL / 8 SACK / 1 PD
- Elandon Roberts: 100 TKL / 9 TFL / 4.5 SACK
- Jevon Holland: 86 TKL / 1 TFL / 1.5 SACK / 2 INT / 6 PD
Betting Insights for Jets
- The Jets’ ATS record is 8-8-0 this year.
- The Jets are 6-5 against the spread when an underdog by 1 point or more this year.
- The Jets have hit the over in five of their 16 games with a set total (31.2%).
Stats & Insights for Jets
- The Jets have been thriving on defense, giving up just 311.6 total yards per game (third-best). Offensively, they rank 22nd by posting 326.4 total yards per game.
- The Jets’ defense has been leading the charge for the team, as they rank fourth-best in the NFL with 19.1 points surrendered per game. In terms of offense, they are accumulating 18.1 points per game, which ranks 27th.
- The Jets rank 15th in the NFL with 223.4 passing yards per contest, but they’ve been carried by their defense, which ranks second-best by allowing just 192.5 passing yards per contest.
- The Jets are accumulating 103 rushing yards per game on offense this season (25th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 119.1 rushing yards per game (16th-ranked) on defense.
- The Jets rank fifth-worst in third-down conversion percentage (33.9%), but they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking 12th in the NFL with a 38.5% third-down rate allowed.
- The Jets have been excelling on defense in terms of yards per play, surrendering only 5.1 (best). On offense, they rank 24th in the NFL by putting up 5.4 yards per play.
- The Jets have fared poorly in terms of turnovers, as their turnover margin of -7 is fourth-worst in the NFL.
Best Players for Jets
- Zach Wilson: 1,688 PASS YDS / 187.6 YPG / 54.5% / 6 TD / 7 INT / 28 CAR / 102 RUSH YDS / 1 TD
- James Robinson: 110 CAR / 425 YDS / 38.6 YPG / 3 TD / 11 REC / 51 YDS / 4.6 YPG / 2 TD
- Michael Carter: 111 CAR / 398 YDS / 26.5 YPG / 3 TD / 39 REC / 287 YDS / 19.1 YPG / 0 TD
- Garrett Wilson: 74 REC / 1,014 YDS / 63.4 YPG / 4 TD
- Tyler Conklin: 56 REC / 539 YDS / 33.7 YPG / 3 TD
- Corey Davis: 31 REC / 519 YDS / 43.3 YPG / 2 TD
- Quinnen Williams: 51 TKL / 12 TFL / 12 SACK / 4 PD
- C.J. Mosley: 151 TKL / 4 TFL / 1 SACK / 1 INT / 6 PD
- Lamarcus Joyner: 58 TKL / 3 INT / 6 PD