Table of Contents
The Kansas City Chiefs (13-3) take a four-game winning streak into a matchup with the Las Vegas Raiders (6-10) on Saturday, January 7, 2023 at Allegiant Stadium.
The Chiefs rank 20th in scoring defense this season (22.3 points allowed per game), but they’ve been playing really well on the other side of the ball, ranking best in the NFL with 29.1 points per game. The Raiders rank 11th with 357.1 total yards per contest on offense, and they rank 26th with 366.7 total yards given up per game on the defensive side of the ball.
Chiefs vs. Raiders Picks
BetterPool users are divided on the Saturday NFL matchup between the Chiefs and the Raiders. Right now, 11.9% of users think the Raiders will pick up an upest win, while 66.7% of users think the Chiefs will cover as 9.5-point favorites.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Chiefs vs. Raiders
- Game Day: Saturday, January 7, 2023
- Game Time: 4:30 PM ET
- Location: Paradise, Nevada
- Stadium: Allegiant Stadium
Take a look at these betting insights and trends before you wager on Saturday’s Kansas City-Las Vegas spread (Kansas City -9.5) or over/under (53 points).
Betting Insights for Chiefs
- The Chiefs are 6-10-0 ATS this season.
- In games this season they were favored by 9.5 points or more, the Chiefs have a 3-3 record against the spread.
- The Chiefs have hit the over in eight of their 16 games with a set total (50%).
Stats & Insights for Chiefs
- The Chiefs have the 12th-ranked defense this season (331.3 yards allowed per game), and they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking best with 417.7 yards per game.
- The Chiefs have the 20th-ranked defense this year (22.3 points allowed per game), and they’ve been more effective on offense, ranking best with 29.1 points per game.
- The Chiefs rank 18th in pass defense this year (223.5 passing yards allowed per game), but they’ve been thriving on the offensive side of the ball, ranking best in the NFL with 305.1 passing yards per game.
- The Chiefs are totaling 112.6 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 21st in the NFL. On defense, they rank ninth, giving up 107.8 rushing yards per contest.
- The Chiefs sport the seventh-ranked defense this year in terms of third-down efficiency (37.4% third-down conversion rate allowed), and they’ve been more effective offensively, ranking second-best with a 48.4% third-down percentage.
- The Chiefs have the 11th-ranked defense this season in terms of yards per play (5.5 yards per play allowed), and they’ve been better offensively, ranking best with 6.6 yards per play.
- With 18 forced turnovers (23rd in NFL) against 23 turnovers committed (26th in NFL), the Chiefs’ -5 turnover margin ranks 26th in the league.
Best Players for Chiefs
- Patrick Mahomes II: 5,048 PASS YDS / 315.5 YPG / 67% / 40 TD / 12 INT / 58 CAR / 329 RUSH YDS / 4 TD
- Isaih Pacheco: 162 CAR / 766 YDS / 47.9 YPG / 4 TD / 13 REC / 130 YDS / 8.1 YPG / 0 TD
- Travis Kelce: 104 REC / 1,300 YDS / 81.3 YPG / 12 TD
- JuJu Smith-Schuster: 76 REC / 898 YDS / 59.9 YPG / 3 TD
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling: 39 REC / 660 YDS / 41.3 YPG / 2 TD
- Chris Jones: 39 TKL / 15 TFL / 13 SACK / 4 PD
- Nick Bolton: 165 TKL / 9 TFL / 2 SACK / 2 INT / 3 PD
- L’Jarius Sneed: 104 TKL / 5 TFL / 3.5 SACK / 3 INT / 11 PD
Betting Insights for Raiders
- The Raiders have an 8-8-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Raiders are a perfect 1-0 against the spread when an underdog by 9.5 points or more this year.
- The teams have hit the over in nine of the Raiders’ 16 games with a set total.
Stats & Insights for Raiders
- From an offensive standpoint, the Raiders are posting 357.1 total yards per game (11th-ranked). They rank 26th in the NFL defensively (366.7 total yards allowed per game).
- With 23.9 points per game on offense, the Raiders rank 12th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 25th, giving up 24.2 points per contest.
- The Raiders rank 11th in passing yards per game (234.6), but they’ve been worse defensively, ranking fourth-worst in the NFL with 246.8 passing yards conceded per contest.
- The Raiders are posting 122.5 rushing yards per contest on offense this season (16th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 119.9 rushing yards per contest (17th-ranked) on defense.
- The Raiders are posting a 39.1% third-down conversion rate on offense this season (19th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing a 41.1% third-down rate (23rd-ranked) on defense.
- The Raiders rank eighth in the NFL with 6 yards per play on offense, and they rank 24th with 5.9 yards surrendered per play on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Raiders have produced 13 forced turnovers (31st in NFL) and committed 19 turnovers (ninth in NFL) this season for a -6 turnover margin that ranks 27th in the NFL.
Best Players for Raiders
- Derek Carr: 3,522 PASS YDS / 234.8 YPG / 60.8% / 24 TD / 14 INT
- Josh Jacobs: 323 CAR / 1,608 YDS / 100.5 YPG / 12 TD / 51 REC / 395 YDS / 24.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Davante Adams: 95 REC / 1,443 YDS / 90.2 YPG / 14 TD
- Mack Hollins: 55 REC / 675 YDS / 42.2 YPG / 4 TD
- Foster Moreau: 32 REC / 410 YDS / 29.3 YPG / 2 TD
- Maxx Crosby: 83 TKL / 20 TFL / 11.5 SACK / 4 PD
- Amik Robertson: 35 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 SACK / 2 INT / 8 PD