Table of Contents
The Atlanta Falcons (6-10) and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (8-8) square off on Sunday, January 8, 2023 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in a battle of NFC South foes.
The Falcons sport the 25th-ranked offense this season (314.3 yards per game), and they’ve been less effective defensively, ranking fourth-worst with 370.9 yards allowed per game. From an offensive perspective, the Buccaneers are posting 354.5 total yards per game (12th-ranked). They rank seventh in the NFL on the other side of the ball (320.7 total yards allowed per game).
Falcons vs. Buccaneers Picks
BetterPool users are split on the Sunday NFL matchup between the Falcons and the Buccaneers. Currently, 78.5% of users think the Buccaneers will earn an upset victory, while 66.7% of users think the Falcons will cover as 3-point favorites.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Falcons vs. Buccaneers
- Game Day: Sunday, January 8, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Mercedes-Benz Stadium
Before you place a wager on Atlanta-Tampa Bay matchup (in which Atlanta is a 3-point favorite and the over/under has been set at 40.5 points), below are a few betting trends and insights for Sunday’s game.
Betting Insights for Falcons
- The Falcons’ ATS record is 8-8-0 this season.
- The Falcons are 0-2 against the spread when favored by 3 points or more this season.
- The teams have hit the over in six of the Falcons’ 16 games with a set total.
Stats & Insights for Falcons
- The Falcons own the 25th-ranked offense this season (314.3 yards per game), and they’ve been worse defensively, ranking fourth-worst with 370.9 yards allowed per game.
- From an offensive standpoint, the Falcons rank 19th in the NFL with 20.9 points per game. Meanwhile, they rank 23rd in points allowed (370.9 points allowed per contest).
- The Falcons rank second-worst in passing offense (155.3 passing yards per game), but they’ve been a little better on defense, ranking 26th with 237.9 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Falcons rank 24th in run defense this season (133 rushing yards allowed per game), but they’ve been thriving on the offensive side of the ball, ranking third-best in the NFL with 159 rushing yards per game.
- The Falcons sport the 10th-ranked third-down offense this season (42% third-down conversion rate), but they’ve been less effective defensively, ranking second-worst with a 45.9% third-down percentage allowed.
- The Falcons are averaging 5.6 yards per play on offense, which ranks them 18th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 24th, giving up 5.9 yards per play.
- The Falcons have forced 16 total turnovers (26th in NFL) this season and have turned it over 20 times (12th in NFL) for a turnover margin of -4, 25th-ranked in the NFL.
Best Players for Falcons
- Desmond Ridder: 484 PASS YDS / 161.3 YPG / 63.5% / 0 TD / 0 INT / 14 CAR / 55 RUSH YDS / 0 TD
- Tyler Allgeier: 186 CAR / 900 YDS / 60 YPG / 3 TD / 16 REC / 139 YDS / 9.3 YPG / 1 TD
- Cordarrelle Patterson: 139 CAR / 677 YDS / 56.4 YPG / 7 TD / 19 REC / 121 YDS / 10.1 YPG / 0 TD
- Drake London: 66 REC / 746 YDS / 46.6 YPG / 4 TD
- Olamide Zaccheaus: 36 REC / 496 YDS / 31 YPG / 2 TD
- Damiere Byrd: 12 REC / 268 YDS / 20.6 YPG / 2 TD
- Grady Jarrett: 58 TKL / 11 TFL / 6 SACK / 3 PD
- Rashaan Evans: 154 TKL / 6 TFL / 2 SACK / 4 PD
- Mykal Walker: 106 TKL / 4 TFL / 1 SACK / 2 INT / 6 PD
Betting Insights for Buccaneers
- The Buccaneers’ ATS record is 4-11-1 this season.
- The Buccaneers have not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 3 points or more this season (0-2).
- Buccaneers games have hit the over in five out of 16 opportunities (31.2%).
Stats & Insights for Buccaneers
- In terms of total offense, the Buccaneers rank 12th in the NFL (354.5 total yards per game) and seventh on the other side of the ball (320.7 total yards allowed per game).
- From an offensive perspective, the Buccaneers are posting 18.5 points per game (24th-ranked). They rank eighth in the NFL defensively (20.5 points allowed per game).
- The Buccaneers’ pass defense ranks eighth in the NFL with 203.3 passing yards given up per game, but they’ve been carried by their offense, which ranks second-best by generating 278.1 passing yards per game.
- The Buccaneers’ rushing offense has been a bottom-five unit this season, posting 76.4 rushing yards per game, which ranks worst in the NFL. On defense, they rank 15th with 117.4 rushing yards conceded per contest.
- From an offensive perspective, the Buccaneers are generating a 36.9% third-down conversion percentage (22nd-ranked). They rank sixth in the NFL on defense (36.7% third-down rate allowed).
- The Buccaneers are generating 5.3 yards per play on offense this season (26th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 5.4 yards per play (seventh-ranked) on defense.
- At -2, the Buccaneers have the 20th-ranked turnover margin in the NFL, with 19 forced turnovers (20th in NFL) and 21 turnovers committed (16th in NFL).
Best Players for Buccaneers
- Tom Brady: 4,610 PASS YDS / 288.1 YPG / 66.6% / 24 TD / 9 INT
- Leonard Fournette: 189 CAR / 668 YDS / 44.5 YPG / 3 TD / 72 REC / 519 YDS / 34.6 YPG / 3 TD
- Rachaad White: 125 CAR / 466 YDS / 29.1 YPG / 1 TD / 50 REC / 290 YDS / 18.1 YPG / 2 TD
- Mike Evans: 77 REC / 1,124 YDS / 74.9 YPG / 6 TD
- Chris Godwin: 98 REC / 968 YDS / 69.1 YPG / 3 TD
- Vita Vea: 31 TKL / 7 TFL / 6.5 SACK
- Devin White: 122 TKL / 8 TFL / 5.5 SACK / 5 PD
- Jamel Dean: 54 TKL / 1 TFL / 2 INT / 7 PD