Table of Contents
The Indianapolis Colts (4-11-1) take a six-game losing streak into a matchup with the Houston Texans (2-13-1) on Sunday, January 8, 2023 at Lucas Oil Stadium.
The Colts have been a bottom-five offense this season, ranking fourth-worst with 306.3 yards per game. On the defensive side of the ball, they are ranked 16th in the NFL (332.4 yards allowed per game). The Texans have been unproductive on both offense and defense this season, ranking worst in total offense (278.8 total yards per game) and third-worst in total defense (378.4 total yards allowed per game).
Colts vs. Texans Picks
At the moment, 74.2% of BetterPool users are picking the Colts to win and 66.7% are picking them to cover the 2.5-point spread as well against the Texans on Sunday.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Colts vs. Texans
- Game Day: Sunday, January 8, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Stadium: Lucas Oil Stadium
Here’s a look at some betting insights for Indianapolis (-2.5) versus Houston on Sunday. The total has been set at 38.5 points for this game.
Betting Insights for Colts
- The Colts have gone 6-10-0 ATS this season.
- The Colts have not yet covered the spread as favorites of 2.5 points or more this season (0-5).
- Colts games have hit the over on six of 16 occasions (37.5%).
Stats & Insights for Colts
- The Colts rank fourth-worst in total offense (306.3 yards per game), but they’ve played slightly better on defense, ranking 16th with 332.4 yards allowed per contest.
- With 16.1 points per game (third-worst) and 24.7 points allowed per game on defense (fifth-worst), the Colts have been playing poorly on both sides of the ball this season.
- The Colts are totaling 201.9 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 23rd in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 10th, giving up 204.3 passing yards per contest.
- The Colts are totaling 104.4 rushing yards per game on offense this season (24th in NFL), and they are giving up 128.1 rushing yards per game (23rd) on defense.
- The Colts have been a bottom-five offense on third down this season, ranking fourth-worst with a 33% third-down conversion rate. On defense, they are ranked 11th in the NFL (38.1% third-down conversion rate allowed).
- While the Colts’ defense ranks seventh with 5.4 yards per play allowed, they’ve been less successful on offense, ranking third-worst with 5.1 yards per play.
- The Colts have the worst turnover margin in the NFL at -13, forcing 18 turnovers (23rd in NFL) while turning it over 31 times (32nd in NFL).
Best Players for Colts
- Matt Ryan: 3,057 PASS YDS / 254.8 YPG / 67% / 14 TD / 13 INT
- Zack Moss: 75 CAR / 342 YDS / 28.5 YPG / 0 TD / 8 REC / 32 YDS / 2.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Deon Jackson: 60 CAR / 201 YDS / 13.4 YPG / 1 TD / 24 REC / 134 YDS / 8.9 YPG / 1 TD
- Michael Pittman Jr.: 96 REC / 895 YDS / 59.7 YPG / 3 TD
- Parris Campbell: 57 REC / 581 YDS / 36.3 YPG / 3 TD
- Alec Pierce: 38 REC / 551 YDS / 36.7 YPG / 2 TD
- DeForest Buckner: 70 TKL / 9 TFL / 8 SACK / 3 PD
- Zaire Franklin: 159 TKL / 10 TFL / 2 SACK / 6 PD
- Rodney Thomas II: 48 TKL / 3 INT / 5 PD
Betting Insights for Texans
- The Texans are 7-8-1 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as at least 2.5-point underdogs this year, the Texans are 7-7-1 against the spread.
- Out of the Texans’ 16 games with a set total, six have hit the over (37.5%).
Stats & Insights for Texans
- The Texans have been outplayed on both sides of the ball this season, ranking worst in total offense (278.8 total yards per game) and third-worst in total defense (378.4 total yards allowed per game).
- The Texans’ offense has been bottom-five this season, putting up 16.1 points per game, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 26th with 24.3 points allowed per contest.
- The Texans are putting up 190.2 passing yards per contest on offense this season (25th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 209.8 passing yards per game (12th-ranked) on defense.
- The Texans have plenty of room to improve in the running game, as they rank second-worst in rushing yards per game (88.6) and worst in rushing yards surrendered per game (168.6).
- The Texans’ third-down offense has been a bottom-five unit this season, registering a 30% third-down percentage, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. On defense, they rank 20th with a 39.4% third-down rate ceded.
- The Texans rank worst in yards per play (5), but they’ve been more effective on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 24th in the NFL with 5.9 yards allowed per play.
- With 24 forced turnovers (sixth in NFL) and 25 turnovers committed (31st in NFL) this season, the Texans rank 17th in the NFL with a turnover margin of -1.
Best Players for Texans
- Davis Mills: 2,820 PASS YDS / 201.4 YPG / 61.2% / 14 TD / 13 INT
- Royce Freeman: 34 CAR / 102 YDS / 34 YPG / 0 TD / 5 REC / 31 YDS / 10.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Brandin Cooks: 52 REC / 593 YDS / 49.4 YPG / 2 TD
- Chris Moore: 46 REC / 526 YDS / 35.1 YPG / 2 TD
- Jordan Akins: 33 REC / 425 YDS / 30.4 YPG / 3 TD
- Jerry Hughes: 33 TKL / 10 TFL / 9 SACK / 1 INT / 1 PD
- Jalen Pitre: 139 TKL / 5 TFL / 1 SACK / 5 INT / 8 PD