Table of Contents
The Seattle Seahawks (8-8) meet a familiar opponent when they host the Los Angeles Rams (5-11) on Sunday, January 8, 2023 at Lumen Field in an NFC West clash.
On offense, the Seahawks rank 15th in the NFL with 348.4 yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 27th in total defense (367.5 yards allowed per contest). The Rams rank second-worst in total yards per game (281.3), but they’ve been more effective on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 17th in the NFL with 337.3 total yards ceded per contest.
Seahawks vs. Rams Picks
Right now, 12.6% of BetterPool users are picking the Rams to upset the Seahawks, with 66.7% expecting the Rams to cover the 6.5-point spread on Sunday.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Seahawks vs. Rams
- Game Day: Sunday, January 8, 2023
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: Lumen Field
Before you decide to wager on Seattle-Los Angeles outing (in which Seattle is a 6.5-point favorite and the over/under has been set at 41.5 points), below are some betting insights and trends for Sunday’s game.
Betting Insights for Seahawks
- The Seahawks have a 7-9-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Seahawks have not yet covered the spread as favorites of 6.5 points or more this season (0-1).
- Eight of the Seahawks’ 16 games with a set total have hit the over (50%).
Stats & Insights for Seahawks
- On offense, the Seahawks rank 15th in the NFL with 348.4 yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 27th in total defense (367.5 yards allowed per contest).
- The Seahawks are compiling 24.3 points per game on offense (ninth in NFL), and they rank 24th defensively with 24.1 points allowed per game.
- From an offensive standpoint, the Seahawks rank 12th in the NFL with 233.1 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 17th in passing yards allowed per contest (217).
- The Seahawks have the 18th-ranked rushing offense this season (115.3 rushing yards per game), and they’ve been worse defensively, ranking third-worst with 150.5 rushing yards allowed per game.
- In addition to a 43.2% third-down conversion rate allowed on defense, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL, the Seahawks have posted the 18th-ranked third-down percentage (39.5%) on offense.
- On offense, the Seahawks have been a top-five unit in terms of yards per play, ranking fifth-best in the NFL by averaging 6.1 yards per play. They rank 21st on defense (5.8 yards per play allowed).
- The Seahawks own the 10th-ranked turnover margin in the NFL at +3, forcing 24 turnovers (sixth in NFL) while turning it over 21 times (16th in NFL).
Best Players for Seahawks
- Geno Smith: 4,069 PASS YDS / 254.3 YPG / 70.2% / 29 TD / 9 INT / 64 CAR / 315 RUSH YDS / 1 TD
- Kenneth Walker III: 199 CAR / 936 YDS / 66.9 YPG / 9 TD / 26 REC / 155 YDS / 11.1 YPG / 0 TD
- D.K. Metcalf: 87 REC / 1,008 YDS / 63 YPG / 6 TD
- Tyler Lockett: 80 REC / 979 YDS / 65.3 YPG / 8 TD
- Noah Fant: 46 REC / 466 YDS / 29.1 YPG / 4 TD
- Uchenna Nwosu: 60 TKL / 10 TFL / 9 SACK / 3 PD
- Jordyn Brooks: 161 TKL / 3 TFL / 1 SACK / 5 PD
- Tariq Woolen: 60 TKL / 1 TFL / 6 INT / 15 PD
Betting Insights for Rams
- The Rams have gone 5-10-1 ATS this season.
- The Rams have a 2-3 record against the spread when an underdog by 6.5 points or more this season.
- Rams games have hit the over in six out of 16 opportunities (37.5%).
Stats & Insights for Rams
- The Rams rank second-worst in total yards per game (281.3), but they’ve been better on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 17th in the NFL with 337.3 total yards surrendered per contest.
- From an offensive standpoint, the Rams are accumulating 18.2 points per contest (26th-ranked). They rank 21st in the NFL on the other side of the ball (22.8 points allowed per game).
- The Rams rank 27th in the NFL with 186.6 passing yards per contest on offense, and they rank 22nd with 227.3 passing yards ceded per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Rams’ rushing offense has been bottom-five this season, registering 94.7 rushing yards per game, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL. On defense, they rank 10th with 109.9 rushing yards conceded per contest.
- With a 40.1% third-down conversion percentage on offense, the Rams rank 16th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 26th, giving up a 42.1% third-down rate.
- In terms of yards per play, the Rams rank 27th in the NFL (5.2) and 21st on the other side of the ball (5.8 yards allowed per play).
- With 20 forced turnovers (16th in NFL) and 22 turnovers committed (23rd in NFL) this season, the Rams rank 20th in the NFL with a turnover margin of -2.
Best Players for Rams
- Baker Mayfield: 2,016 PASS YDS / 183.3 YPG / 60.8% / 10 TD / 7 INT
- Cam Akers: 167 CAR / 682 YDS / 48.7 YPG / 7 TD / 10 REC / 93 YDS / 6.6 YPG / 0 TD
- Kyren Williams: 35 CAR / 139 YDS / 15.4 YPG / 0 TD / 9 REC / 76 YDS / 8.4 YPG / 0 TD
- Tyler Higbee: 68 REC / 587 YDS / 36.7 YPG / 3 TD
- Ben Skowronek: 39 REC / 376 YDS / 26.9 YPG / 0 TD
- Van Jefferson: 21 REC / 308 YDS / 30.8 YPG / 3 TD
- Leonard Floyd: 54 TKL / 9 TFL / 8 SACK
- Bobby Wagner: 133 TKL / 9 TFL / 6 SACK / 2 INT / 5 PD
- Decobie Durant: 16 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 SACK / 3 INT / 5 PD