Table of Contents
The Missouri State Bears (7-7, 3-1 MVC) will attempt to build on a three-game win streak when they host the Evansville Purple Aces (4-11, 0-4 MVC) on Wednesday, January 4, 2023 at JQH Arena as heavy, 14.5-point favorites. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 127.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Bears vs. Purple Aces
- Game Day: Wednesday, January 4, 2023
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Location: Springfield, Missouri
- Arena: JQH Arena
Missouri State Betting Stats & Information
- Missouri State has a 4-4 record in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 50% of those games).
- The Bears have not yet played a game with moneyline odds of -1688 or shorter.
- The Bears are 8-5-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as at least 14.5-point underdogs this year, the Purple Aces are 1-2 against the spread.
- Missouri State’s average point total in outings this year is 126.6, 0.9 points fewer than the total in this game.
Evansville Betting Stats & Info
- Evansville has won four, or 28.6%, of the 14 games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Purple Aces have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +850 odds on them winning this game.
- The Purple Aces have a 6-9-0 record against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as at least 14.5-point underdogs this season, the Purple Aces are 1-2 against the spread.
- The average point total for Evansville this season is 6.8 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Missouri State vs. Evansville Season Stat Comparison
|Missouri State Rank||Missouri State AVG||Evansville AVG||Evansville Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Missouri State Bears Leaders
- The Bears scoring leader is Chance Moore, who averages 12.6 per contest to go with 4.4 rebounds and 0.7 assists.
- Donovan Clay is Missouri State’s leading rebounder, grabbing 5.9 per game, while Matthew Lee is its best passer, distributing four assists in each contest.
- The Bears get the most three-point shooting production out of Bryan Trimble Jr., who knocks down 1.9 threes per game.
Evansville Purple Aces Leaders
- Kenny Strawbridge is at the top of the Purple Aces scoring leaderboard with 15.9 points per game. He also pulls down 4.2 rebounds and dishes out 2.4 assists per game.
- Yacine Toumi has a stat line of 5.6 rebounds, 10.7 points and 1.2 assists per game for Evansville to take the top rebound spot on the team. Marvin Coleman holds the top spot for assists with 2.8 per game, adding 8.3 points and 5.5 rebounds per outing.
- Blaise Beauchamp is consistent from three-point range and leads the Purple Aces with 1.6 made threes per game.