Table of Contents
The Virginia Tech Hokies (11-3, 1-2 ACC) are 6-point favorites as they try to build on an 11-game home winning streak when they take on the Clemson Tigers (11-3, 3-0 ACC) on Wednesday, January 4, 2023 at Cassell Coliseum. The game airs at 9:00 PM ET. The point total is 137.5 in the matchup.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Hokies vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Wednesday, January 4, 2023
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
- Arena: Cassell Coliseum
Virginia Tech Betting Stats & Information
- Virginia Tech has compiled a 10-3 record in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 76.9% of those games).
- The Hokies have not yet played as a moneyline favorite of -259 or shorter.
- The Hokies have a 7-7-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Tigers are a perfect 1-0 against the spread when an underdog by 6 points or more this season.
- The average total Virginia Tech has had in its matchups this year is 1.8 more points than this particular game’s point total.
Clemson Betting Stats & Info
- Clemson lost the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- The Tigers have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +209 moneyline set for this game.
- So far this season, the Tigers have compiled a 7-7-0 record against the spread.
- In games they have played as at least 6-point underdogs this season, the Tigers are 1-0 against the spread.
- The average total in Clemson’s games this year is 4.7 more points than the point total of 137.5 for this outing.
Virginia Tech vs. Clemson Season Stat Comparison
|Virginia Tech Rank||Virginia Tech AVG||Clemson AVG||Clemson Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Virginia Tech Hokies Leaders
- Sean Pedulla leads the Hokies in points and assists per game, scoring 17.4 points and distributing 4.3 assists.
- Virginia Tech’s best rebounder is Justyn Mutts, who averages 8.1 boards per game in addition to his 13.6 PPG average.
- Hunter Cattoor leads the Hokies in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.1 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Clemson Tigers Leaders
- Hunter Tyson holds the top spot on the Tigers leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 15.6 points and 9.7 rebounds per game.
- Chase Hunter dishes out more assists than any other Clemson teammate with 4.6 per game. He also scores 14.6 points and grabs 2.2 rebounds per game.
- Alex Hemenway is dependable from distance and leads the Tigers with 2.3 made threes per game.