Table of Contents
The Southern Illinois Salukis (11-4, 3-1 MVC) are 1.5-point favorites as they look to build on a six-game win streak when they host the Drake Bulldogs (11-4, 2-2 MVC) on Wednesday, January 4, 2023 at SIU Arena. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET. The point total is set at 126.5 in the matchup.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Salukis vs. Bulldogs
- Game Day: Wednesday, January 4, 2023
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Location: Carbondale, Illinois
- Arena: SIU Arena
Southern Illinois Betting Stats & Information
- Southern Illinois has been favored on the moneyline 11 times this season. They’ve finished 9-2 in those games.
- The Salukis have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -120 or shorter.
- The Salukis have a 5-8-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Bulldogs are 1-1 against the spread when an underdog by 1.5 points or more this season.
- Southern Illinois’ average total in matchups this season has been 128.7, 2.2 points higher than the over/under in this particular game.
Drake Betting Stats & Info
- Drake has split the two games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Bulldogs have not been a bigger underdog this season than the -102 moneyline set for this game.
- The Bulldogs have a 4-9-1 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as at least 1.5-point underdogs this year, the Bulldogs are 1-1 against the spread.
- The average point total for Drake this season is 11 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Southern Illinois vs. Drake Season Stat Comparison
|Southern Illinois Rank||Southern Illinois AVG||Drake AVG||Drake Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Southern Illinois Salukis Leaders
- The Salukis leader in points, rebounds and assists is Marcus Domask, who averages 17.4 points, 6.1 boards and 3.6 assists per game.
- Lance Jones makes more threes per game than any other member of the Salukis, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.3 per contest.
Drake Bulldogs Leaders
- Tucker DeVries puts up 18.7 points per game to be the top scorer for the Bulldogs.
- Drake’s leader in rebounds is Darnell Brodie with 7.6 per game, and its leader in assists is Roman Penn with 4.1 per game.
- DeVries averages 2.5 three-pointers per game, the most on the Bulldogs.