Table of Contents
The UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (8-6, 0-2 WAC) are 7.5-point underdogs as they try to extend a seven-game home winning streak when they square off against the Seattle U Redhawks (10-4, 1-0 WAC) on Thursday, January 5, 2023 at UTRGV Fieldhouse. The game airs at 7:30 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 157.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Redhawks vs. Vaqueros
- Game Day: Thursday, January 5, 2023
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Location: Edinburg, Texas
- Arena: UTRGV Fieldhouse
Seattle U Betting Stats & Information
- Seattle U has been favored on the moneyline a total of seven times this season, and it has won each of those games.
- The Redhawks have not yet played a game with moneyline odds of -302 or shorter.
- The Redhawks are 6-6-0 ATS this season.
- The Vaqueros are 2-4 against the spread when an underdog by 7.5 points or more this season.
- The average point total in Seattle U’s games this year is 12 fewer points than the over/under of 157.5 in this matchup.
UT Rio Grande Valley Betting Stats & Info
- UT Rio Grande Valley has entered the game as underdogs eight times this season and won three of those games.
- The Vaqueros have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +235 moneyline set for this game.
- The Vaqueros are 6-5-0 ATS this year.
- The Vaqueros have a 2-4 record against the spread when an underdog by 7.5 points or more this year.
- UT Rio Grande Valley’s games this year have averaged an over/under of 163.2 points, 5.7 more than the point total in this matchup.
Seattle U vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Season Stat Comparison
|Seattle U Rank||Seattle U AVG||UT Rio Grande Valley AVG||UT Rio Grande Valley Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Seattle U Redhawks Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Redhawks this season is Cameron Tyson, who averages 20.5 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 0.7 assists per game.
- Brandton Chatfield is Seattle U’s leading rebounder, grabbing 5.5 per game, while Alex Schumacher is its best passer, distributing 3.1 assists in each contest.
- Tyson makes more threes per game than any other member of the Redhawks, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 3.9 per contest.
UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros Leaders
- Justin Johnson sits at the top of the Vaqueros scoring leaderboard with 20.2 points per game. He also grabs 4.7 rebounds and dishes out 2.7 assists per game.
- Ahren Freeman has a stat line of 6.3 rebounds, 9.2 points and 1.9 assists per game for UT Rio Grande Valley to take the top rebound spot on the team. Will Johnston holds the top spot for assists with 3.4 per game, adding 17.6 points and 2.8 rebounds per matchup.
- Johnston knocks down 2.4 three-pointers per game, the most on the Vaqueros.