Table of Contents
The Eastern Illinois Panthers (6-9, 2-0 OVC) are underdogs (+3.5) in their attempt to continue a four-game winning streak when they visit the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles (4-11, 0-2 OVC) at 8:30 PM ET on Thursday, January 5, 2023 at Hooper Eblen Arena. The matchup’s over/under is set at 136.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Golden Eagles vs. Panthers
- Game Day: Thursday, January 5, 2023
- Game Time: 8:30 PM ET
- Location: Cookeville, Tennessee
- Arena: Hooper Eblen Arena
Tennessee Tech Betting Stats & Information
- Tennessee Tech has been listed as the moneyline favorite just two other times so far this season, and it lost both of those games.
- The Golden Eagles have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -168 or shorter.
- The Golden Eagles have a 5-6-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Panthers are 7-3 against the spread when an underdog by 3.5 points or more this year.
- The average point total in Tennessee Tech’s games this season is eight more points than the over/under of 136 in this matchup.
Eastern Illinois Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Eastern Illinois has won one out of the nine games in which it has been the underdog.
- The Panthers have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +140 moneyline set for this game.
- The Panthers’ ATS record is 8-5-0 this season.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 3.5 points or more, the Panthers have a 7-3 record against the spread.
- The average over/under for Eastern Illinois’ games this year is 2.1 more points than the point total of 136 in this outing.
Tennessee Tech vs. Eastern Illinois Season Stat Comparison
|Tennessee Tech Rank||Tennessee Tech AVG||Eastern Illinois AVG||Eastern Illinois Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles Leaders
- Jaylen Sebree leads the Golden Eagles in scoring and rebounding, accumulating 12.7 points and 6.5 rebounds per game.
- Tennessee Tech’s best passer is Brett Thompson, who averages three assists per game to go with his 9.8 PPG scoring average.
- Tyrone Perry leads the Golden Eagles in three-point shooting, making an average of two shots per game from beyond the arc.
Eastern Illinois Panthers Leaders
- Kinyon Hodges’ points (13.2 per game) and assists (three per game) stat lines give him the top scoring and assists spots on the Panthers’ leaderboards.
- Sincere Malone is at the top of the Eastern Illinois rebounding leaderboard with 4.3 rebounds per game. He also racks up 6.9 points and tacks on 1.2 assists per game.
- Dan Luers is reliable from distance and leads the Panthers with one made three per game.