Table of Contents
The Denver Broncos (4-12) host a streaking Los Angeles Chargers (10-6) squad on Sunday, January 8, 2023 at Empower Field at Mile High. The Chargers have won four straight games.
The Broncos are putting up 316 yards per game on offense this season (24th in NFL), and they are allowing 318 yards per game (sixth) on defense. The Chargers are accumulating 22.7 points per game on offense this season (13th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 22.1 points per contest (18th-ranked) on defense.
Broncos vs. Chargers Picks
BetterPool users think the Broncos will win straight up against the Chargers on Sunday, with 9.9% of users picking them to win. But 80.2% of users have picked the Chargers to cover the 2-point spread.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Broncos vs. Chargers
- Game Day: Sunday, January 8, 2023
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Empower Field at Mile High
Before placing a wager on Sunday’s Denver-Los Angeles spread (Denver -2) or total (40.5 points), take a look at the betting insights and trends below.
Betting Insights for Broncos
- The Broncos are 7-9-0 ATS this season.
- The Broncos are 1-5 against the spread when favored by 2 points or more this season.
- Broncos games with a set total have hit the over five times this season (31.2%).
Stats & Insights for Broncos
- The Broncos are putting up 316 yards per game on offense, which ranks them 24th in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank sixth, giving up 318 yards per game.
- The Broncos have been a bottom-five scoring offense this season, ranking worst with 16 points per game. On the defensive side of the ball, they are ranked 10th in the NFL (20.7 points allowed per game).
- The Broncos are putting up 207.9 passing yards per game on offense this season (19th in NFL), and they are surrendering 205.1 passing yards per game (11th) on defense.
- The Broncos are totaling 108.1 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 22nd in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 12th, surrendering 112.9 rushing yards per contest.
- The Broncos have struggled on third down, ranking worst in the NFL (28.4%) this season. However, they rank second-best on the defensive side of the ball, allowing a 33% third-down conversion rate.
- The Broncos have the second-best defense in the NFL in terms of yards per play allowed (5.3), while their offense is ranked 24th, gaining 5.4 per play.
- With 21 forced turnovers (13th in NFL) against 22 turnovers committed (23rd in NFL), the Broncos’ -1 turnover margin ranks 17th in the NFL.
Best Players for Broncos
- Russell Wilson: 3,241 PASS YDS / 231.5 YPG / 60.8% / 13 TD / 10 INT / 47 CAR / 259 RUSH YDS / 3 TD
- Latavius Murray: 156 CAR / 657 YDS / 54.8 YPG / 5 TD / 26 REC / 117 YDS / 9.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Jerry Jeudy: 62 REC / 818 YDS / 58.4 YPG / 6 TD
- Courtland Sutton: 61 REC / 796 YDS / 56.9 YPG / 1 TD
- Kendall Hinton: 24 REC / 311 YDS / 25.9 YPG / 0 TD
- DeShawn Williams: 37 TKL / 4 TFL / 4.5 SACK / 3 PD
- Alex Singleton: 141 TKL / 6 TFL / 3 PD
- Justin Simmons: 59 TKL / 2 TFL / 6 INT / 7 PD
Betting Insights for Chargers
- The Chargers have a 10-5-1 record against the spread this year.
- The Chargers have a 4-1 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 2 points or more.
- Chargers games have gone over the point total in six out of 16 opportunities (37.5%).
Stats & Insights for Chargers
- In terms of total yards, the Chargers rank 10th in the NFL (359.8 total yards per game) and 19th on defense (338.3 total yards allowed per contest).
- In terms of points scored the Chargers rank 13th in the NFL (22.7 points per game), and they are 18th on defense (22.1 points allowed per game).
- The Chargers’ pass defense ranks sixth in the NFL with 196.3 passing yards surrendered per contest, but they’ve been carried by their offense, which ranks fifth-best by posting 268.2 passing yards per contest.
- The Chargers’ rushing offense has been a bottom-five unit this season, compiling 91.6 rushing yards per game, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 27th with 142.1 rushing yards surrendered per contest.
- In terms of third-down efficiency, the Chargers rank eighth in the NFL (43.2% third-down conversion rate) and 16th on the other side of the ball (39% third-down rate allowed).
- The Chargers are accumulating 5.5 yards per play on offense this season (20th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 6 yards per play (27th-ranked) on defense.
- After forcing 22 turnovers (12th in NFL) and turning the ball over 17 times (third in NFL) this season, the Chargers sport the sixth-ranked turnover margin of +5.
Best Players for Chargers
- Justin Herbert: 4,466 PASS YDS / 279.1 YPG / 68.3% / 23 TD / 10 INT
- Austin Ekeler: 193 CAR / 881 YDS / 55.1 YPG / 13 TD / 103 REC / 686 YDS / 42.9 YPG / 5 TD
- Joshua Kelley: 64 CAR / 269 YDS / 22.4 YPG / 2 TD / 13 REC / 95 YDS / 7.9 YPG / 0 TD
- Mike Williams: 59 REC / 863 YDS / 71.9 YPG / 4 TD
- Josh Palmer: 68 REC / 730 YDS / 48.7 YPG / 3 TD
- Khalil Mack: 48 TKL / 11 TFL / 8 SACK / 2 PD
- Drue Tranquill: 136 TKL / 9 TFL / 5 SACK / 1 INT / 4 PD
- Bryce Callahan: 47 TKL / 2 TFL / 3 INT / 6 PD