Table of Contents
The New York Jets (7-9), losers of five straight games, visit the Miami Dolphins (8-8), who have also lost five straight, on Sunday, January 8, 2023 at Hard Rock Stadium.
The Jets rank 27th in points scored this season (18.1 points per game), but they’ve been shining on defense, ranking fourth-best in the NFL with 19.1 points allowed per game. From an offensive perspective, the Dolphins are compiling 24.1 points per game (10th-ranked). They rank 27th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (24.6 points given up per game).
Jets vs. Dolphins Picks
Currently, 26.0% of BetterPool users are picking the Jets to win straight up against the Dolphins on Sunday, with 64.5% picking the Dolphins to cover the 1-point spread.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Jets vs. Dolphins
- Game Day: Sunday, January 8, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- Location: Miami Gardens, Florida
- Stadium: Hard Rock Stadium
Before you wager on Sunday’s New York-Miami spread (New York -1) or over/under (38.5 points), see the betting insights and trends below.
Betting Insights for Jets
- So far this season, the Jets have compiled an 8-8-0 record against the spread.
- The Jets are 2-3 against the spread when favored by 1 point or more this season.
- Five of the Jets’ 16 games with a set total have hit the over (31.2%).
Stats & Insights for Jets
- Defensively, the Jets have been a top-five unit, ranking third-best by surrendering just 311.6 yards per game. They rank 22nd on offense (326.4 yards per game).
- The Jets rank 27th in points scored this year (18.1 points per game), but they’ve been thriving on the defensive side of the ball, ranking fourth-best in the NFL with 19.1 points allowed per game.
- The Jets sport the 15th-ranked offense this season in terms of passing yards (223.4 passing yards per game), and they’ve been more effective on defense, ranking second-best with only 192.5 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Jets are putting up 103 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 25th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 16th, giving up 119.1 rushing yards per contest.
- The Jets rank fifth-worst in third-down percentage (33.9%), but they’ve played better on defense, ranking 12th with a 38.5% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- The Jets have the best defense in the NFL in terms of yards per play allowed (5.1), while their offense is ranked 24th, gaining 5.4 per play.
- The Jets have forced 16 total turnovers (26th in NFL) this season and have turned it over 23 times (26th in NFL) to register a turnover margin of -7, the fourth-worst in the league.
Best Players for Jets
- Zach Wilson: 1,688 PASS YDS / 187.6 YPG / 54.5% / 6 TD / 7 INT / 28 CAR / 102 RUSH YDS / 1 TD
- James Robinson: 110 CAR / 425 YDS / 38.6 YPG / 3 TD / 11 REC / 51 YDS / 4.6 YPG / 2 TD
- Michael Carter: 111 CAR / 398 YDS / 26.5 YPG / 3 TD / 39 REC / 287 YDS / 19.1 YPG / 0 TD
- Garrett Wilson: 74 REC / 1,014 YDS / 63.4 YPG / 4 TD
- Tyler Conklin: 56 REC / 539 YDS / 33.7 YPG / 3 TD
- Corey Davis: 31 REC / 519 YDS / 43.3 YPG / 2 TD
- Quinnen Williams: 51 TKL / 12 TFL / 12 SACK / 4 PD
- C.J. Mosley: 151 TKL / 4 TFL / 1 SACK / 1 INT / 6 PD
- Lamarcus Joyner: 58 TKL / 3 INT / 6 PD
Betting Insights for Dolphins
- The Dolphins are 9-8-0 against the spread this year.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 1 point or more, the Dolphins have a 5-3 record against the spread.
- Eight of the Dolphins’ 17 games with a set total have hit the over (47.1%).
Stats & Insights for Dolphins
- With 368.4 total yards per game on the offensive side of the ball, the Dolphins rank sixth in the NFL in 2022. Defensively, they rank 20th, allowing 347.3 total yards per contest.
- The Dolphins rank 10th in the NFL with 24.1 points per contest on offense, and they rank 27th with 24.6 points allowed per contest on defense.
- The Dolphins’ pass defense ranks 27th in the NFL with 240.1 passing yards given up per game, but they’ve been bolstered by their offense, which ranks third-best by racking up 273.2 passing yards per game.
- With 95.3 rushing yards per game on offense, the Dolphins rank 27th in the NFL. Defensively they rank eighth, giving up 107.1 rushing yards per game.
- The Dolphins are generating a 36.6% third-down conversion percentage on offense this season (23rd-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up a 41.5% third-down rate (24th-ranked) on defense.
- The Dolphins’ offense has been paving the way for the team, as they rank second-best in the NFL with 6.5 yards per play. In terms of defense, they are allowing 5.7 yards per play, which ranks 17th.
- The Dolphins own a bottom-five turnover margin this season, fourth-worst at -7.
Best Players for Dolphins
- Tua Tagovailoa: 3,548 PASS YDS / 272.9 YPG / 64.8% / 25 TD / 8 INT
- Raheem Mostert: 170 CAR / 820 YDS / 54.7 YPG / 3 TD / 29 REC / 212 YDS / 14.1 YPG / 2 TD
- Jeff Wilson Jr.: 160 CAR / 788 YDS / 52.5 YPG / 5 TD / 20 REC / 183 YDS / 12.2 YPG / 1 TD
- Tyreek Hill: 117 REC / 1,687 YDS / 105.4 YPG / 7 TD
- Jaylen Waddle: 70 REC / 1,312 YDS / 82 YPG / 8 TD
- Trent Sherfield: 30 REC / 417 YDS / 26.1 YPG / 2 TD
- Bradley Chubb: 39 TKL / 5 TFL / 8 SACK / 1 PD
- Elandon Roberts: 100 TKL / 9 TFL / 4.5 SACK
- Jevon Holland: 86 TKL / 1 TFL / 1.5 SACK / 2 INT / 6 PD