Table of Contents
The Houston Baptist Huskies (4-10, 1-0 Southland) are underdogs (by 9.5 points) to end a six-game road losing streak when they visit the SE Louisiana Lions (6-8, 0-1 Southland) on Thursday, January 5, 2023 at 8:30 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 161.5 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Lions vs. Huskies
- Game Day: Thursday, January 5, 2023
- Game Time: 8:30 PM ET
- Location: Hammond, Louisiana
- Arena: University Center (LA)
SE Louisiana Betting Stats & Information
- SE Louisiana is playing as the moneyline favorite for the first time this season.
- The Lions have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -445 or shorter.
- The Lions’ ATS record is 8-4-0 this season.
- In games they have played as at least 9.5-point underdogs this year, the Huskies are 2-3 against the spread.
- The average point total for SE Louisiana’s games this year is 8.5 fewer points than the total of 161.5 in this matchup.
Houston Baptist Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Houston Baptist has won one out of the eight games in which it has been the underdog.
- The Huskies have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +320 odds on them winning this game.
- So far this year, the Huskies have put together a 4-7-0 record against the spread.
- The Huskies are 2-3 against the spread when an underdog by 9.5 points or more this season.
- Houston Baptist’s games this season have averaged an over/under of 166.5 points, five more than the point total in this matchup.
SE Louisiana vs. Houston Baptist Season Stat Comparison
|SE Louisiana Rank||SE Louisiana AVG||Houston Baptist AVG||Houston Baptist Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
SE Louisiana Lions Leaders
- The Lions leader in points and assists is Boogie Anderson, who scores 11.7 points per game to go with 4.3 assists.
- SE Louisiana’s best rebounder is Roger McFarlane, who averages seven boards per game in addition to his 8 PPG average.
- The Lions get the most three-point shooting production out of Christian Agnew, who makes 1.7 threes per game.
Houston Baptist Huskies Leaders
- Brycen Long racks up 15.7 points per game to be the top scorer for the Huskies.
- The Houston Baptist leaders in rebounding and assists are Deshon Proctor with 7.5 rebounds per game (he also adds 10.5 points and one assist per game) and Andrew King with 3.9 assists per game (he also tacks on 7.7 points and 3.7 rebounds per game).
- Long is the top scorer from distance for the Huskies, hitting three threes per game.