Table of Contents
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish (8-7, 0-4 ACC) visit the North Carolina Tar Heels (10-5, 2-2 ACC) after losing four road games in a row. The Tar Heels are heavy favorites by 12.5 points in the contest, which tips at 11:30 AM ET on Saturday, January 7, 2023. The over/under for the matchup is set at 144.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tar Heels vs. Fighting Irish
- Game Day: Saturday, January 7, 2023
- Game Time: 11:30 AM ET
- Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Arena: Dean Smith Center
North Carolina Betting Stats & Information
- North Carolina has won 83.3% of its games this season when favored on the moneyline (10-2).
- The Tar Heels have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -919 or shorter.
- The Tar Heels’ ATS record is 4-11-0 this season.
- North Carolina’s average point total in outings this year is 156.3, 11.8 points higher than the over/under in this game.
Notre Dame Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Notre Dame has won one out of the three games in which it has been the underdog.
- The Fighting Irish have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +579.
- The Fighting Irish have covered the spread just twice in 15 opportunities this season.
- The average point total for Notre Dame this season is 6.3 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
North Carolina vs. Notre Dame Season Stat Comparison
|North Carolina Rank||North Carolina AVG||Notre Dame AVG||Notre Dame Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
North Carolina Tar Heels Leaders
- The Tar Heels leader in points and rebounds is Armando Bacot, who scores 18.6 points and pulls down 11.1 boards per game.
- Caleb Love leads North Carolina in assists, averaging 3.5 per game while also scoring 16.8 points per contest.
- The Tar Heels get the most three-point shooting production out of Love, who makes 1.9 threes per game.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish Leaders
- Nate Laszewski sits atop the Fighting Irish leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 13.4 points and 7.7 rebounds per game.
- Trey Wertz dishes out more assists than any other Notre Dame player with 3.5 per game. He also averages 10.1 points and grabs 2.5 rebounds per game.
- Cormac Ryan is the most prolific from deep for the Fighting Irish, hitting two threes per game.