Table of Contents
The Florida A&M Rattlers (2-10, 0-1 SWAC) will attempt to stop a four-game losing streak when they visit the Southern Jaguars (6-9, 2-0 SWAC) on Saturday, January 7, 2023 at F. G. Clark Center as heavy, 14.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 6:30 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 134 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Jaguars vs. Rattlers
- Game Day: Saturday, January 7, 2023
- Game Time: 6:30 PM ET
- Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Arena: F. G. Clark Center
Southern Betting Stats & Information
- Southern has put together a 1-2 record in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 33.3% of those games).
- The Jaguars have not played as a moneyline favorite of -1450 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Jaguars have put together a 9-4-0 record against the spread.
- The Rattlers are 6-3 against the spread when an underdog by 14.5 points or more this season.
- The average total in Southern’s games this season is 13.8 more points than the total of 134 in this game.
Florida A&M Betting Stats & Info
- Florida A&M has been listed as the underdog five times this season and have failed to win any of those games.
- The Rattlers have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +800 moneyline set for this game.
- The Rattlers are 6-4-0 against the spread this year.
- In games this year in which they were an underdog by 14.5 points or more, the Rattlers have a 6-3 record against the spread.
- The average point total for Florida A&M this year is 3.3 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Southern vs. Florida A&M Season Stat Comparison
|Southern Rank||Southern AVG||Florida A&M AVG||Florida A&M Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Southern Jaguars Leaders
- The Jaguars scoring leader is Bryson Etienne, who averages 12.1 per contest to go with 3.3 rebounds and 2.1 assists.
- Terrell Williams Jr. is Southern’s leading rebounder, pulling down 4.1 per game, while P.J. Byrd is its best passer, averaging 5.9 assists in each contest.
- Etienne makes more threes per game than any other member of the Jaguars, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.2 per contest.
Florida A&M Rattlers Leaders
- Jordan Tillmon’s points (10.6 per game) and assists (1.8 per game) stat lines give him the top scoring and assists spots on the Rattlers’ leaderboards.
- Jaylen Bates grabs 7.1 rebounds per game (he also scores 10 points per game and adds 0.9 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Florida A&M rebounding leaderboard.
- Byron Smith is reliable from distance and leads the Rattlers with 1.2 made threes per game.