Table of Contents
The Arkansas-Pine Bluff Golden Lions (4-11, 0-2 SWAC) are 5.5-point underdogs as they try to extend a four-game home win streak when they host the Texas Southern Tigers (4-11, 0-2 SWAC) on Saturday, January 7, 2023 at H.O. Clemmons Arena. The game airs at 4:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 140.5 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Golden Lions
- Game Day: Saturday, January 7, 2023
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- Location: Pine Bluff, Arkansas
- Arena: H.O. Clemmons Arena
Texas Southern Betting Stats & Information
- Texas Southern has won 25% of its games this season when the moneyline favorite (1-3).
- The Tigers have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -208 or shorter.
- The Tigers have gone 4-9-0 ATS this season.
- In games they have played as at least 5.5-point underdogs this year, the Golden Lions are 4-6 against the spread.
- The average total Texas Southern has had set in games this season is 1.6 more points than this outing’s point total.
UAPB Betting Stats & Info
- UAPB has been listed as the underdog nine times this season and have failed to win any of those games.
- The Golden Lions have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +175 odds on them winning this game.
- The Golden Lions are 5-7-0 against the spread this year.
- The Golden Lions are 4-6 against the spread when an underdog by 5.5 points or more this season.
- The average total in UAPB’s games this season is 6.6 fewer points than the point total of 140.5 in this outing.
Texas Southern vs. UAPB Season Stat Comparison
|Texas Southern Rank||Texas Southern AVG||UAPB AVG||UAPB Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Texas Southern Tigers Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Tigers this season is Davon Barnes, who averages 14.5 points, 4.2 rebounds, and 1.7 assists per game.
- Joirdon Karl Nicholas leads Texas Southern in rebounding, averaging 9.1 per game, while PJ Henry leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 2.2 in each contest.
- Henry makes more threes per game than any other member of the Tigers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.7 per contest.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff Golden Lions Leaders
- Shaun Doss is the top scorer for the Golden Lions with 16.3 points per game. He also adds 4.4 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game to his stats.
- Ismael Plet puts up a stat line of 6.1 rebounds, 5.2 points and 0.4 assists per game for UAPB to take the top rebound spot on the team. Kylen Milton holds the top spot for assists with 4.7 per game, adding 11.5 points and 4.5 rebounds per contest.
- Chris Greene knocks down two three-pointers per game, the most on the Golden Lions.