Table of Contents
WCC opponents meet when the BYU Cougars (12-6, 2-1 WCC) visit the San Diego Toreros (8-9, 1-2 WCC) at Jenny Craig Pavilion, tipping off at 8:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 7, 2023. The Toreros are 5-point underdogs in the game. The matchup has an over/under of 148.5 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cougars vs. Toreros
- Game Day: Saturday, January 7, 2023
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Arena: Jenny Craig Pavilion
BYU Betting Stats & Information
- BYU has been favored on the moneyline 10 times this season. They’ve gone 7-3 in those games.
- The Cougars have not played a game with moneyline odds of -207 or shorter.
- The Cougars have a 7-8-1 record against the spread this season.
- When they have played as at least 5-point underdogs this year, the Toreros are 3-2 against the spread.
- BYU’s average point total in outings this season is 142.7, 5.8 points below the over/under in this game.
San Diego Betting Stats & Info
- This season, San Diego has won two out of the six games in which it has been the underdog.
- The Toreros have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +172 moneyline set for this game.
- The Toreros have gone 5-10-0 ATS this year.
- The Toreros have a 3-2 record against the spread when an underdog by 5 points or more this season.
- The average point total for San Diego this season is 6.9 points higher than this game’s over/under.
BYU vs. San Diego Season Stat Comparison
|BYU Rank||BYU AVG||San Diego AVG||San Diego Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
BYU Cougars Leaders
- Fousseyni Traore leads the Cougars in scoring and rebounding, accumulating 12.6 points and 8.1 boards per game.
- Dallin Hall is BYU’s best passer, dishing out 3.4 assists per game while scoring 6.9 PPG.
- Jaxson Robinson makes more threes per game than any other member of the Cougars, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.1 per contest.
San Diego Toreros Leaders
- Jase Townsend is the top scorer for the Toreros with 15.5 points per game. He also adds 3.8 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game to his scoring output.
- The San Diego leaders in rebounding and assists are Eric Williams Jr. with 10 rebounds per game (he also adds 14.9 points and 2.2 assists per game) and Seikou Sisoho Jawara with 3.5 assists per game (he also tacks on 12.5 points and 2.7 rebounds per game).
- Townsend is dependable from distance and leads the Toreros with 1.8 made threes per game.