Table of Contents
The Mercer Bears (7-9, 0-3 SoCon) will try to break a three-game losing streak when they visit the Western Carolina Catamounts (9-7, 2-1 SoCon) on Saturday, January 7, 2023 at Ramsey Center as just 1.5-point favorites. The matchup airs at 4:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is 136.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Bears vs. Catamounts
- Game Day: Saturday, January 7, 2023
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- Location: Cullowhee, North Carolina
- Arena: Ramsey Center
Mercer Betting Stats & Information
- Mercer has been favored on the moneyline seven times this season. They’ve gone 4-3 in those games.
- The Bears have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -117 or shorter.
- The Bears have a 6-9-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this year in which they were an underdog by 1.5 points or more, the Catamounts have a 5-3-1 record against the spread.
- The average total Mercer has had set in matchups this season is 6.1 more points than this outing’s point total.
Western Carolina Betting Stats & Info
- Western Carolina has won four of the 10 games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Catamounts have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than -104.
- The Catamounts are 8-6-1 against the spread this year.
- The Catamounts are 5-3-1 against the spread when an underdog by 1.5 points or more this year.
- The average point total for Western Carolina this season is 8.6 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Mercer vs. Western Carolina Season Stat Comparison
|Mercer Rank||Mercer AVG||Western Carolina AVG||Western Carolina Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Mercer Bears Leaders
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Bears is Jalyn McCreary, who averages 15.9 points and 5.8 rebounds per game.
- Luis Hurtado is Mercer’s best passer, distributing 4.9 assists per game while scoring 9.4 PPG.
- Kamar Robertson leads the Bears in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.1 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Western Carolina Catamounts Leaders
- The Catamounts’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Tyzhaun Claude with 14.4 points and 8.2 rebounds per game.
- Vonterius Woolbright’s assist statline leads Western Carolina; he racks up 4.4 assists per game.
- Tre Jackson knocks down 3.8 three-pointers per game, the most on the Catamounts.