Table of Contents
The New Orleans Pelicans (24-16) visit the Washington Wizards (17-23) after losing three straight road games. The Wizards are favored by only 1.5 points in the matchup, which starts at 7:00 PM ET on Monday, January 9, 2023. The matchup has a point total of 228.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. NBA pools are back! Hit your own 3 pointer with RunYourPool today.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Wizards vs. Pelicans
- Game Day: Monday, January 9, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBCS-DC and BSNO
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Arena: Capital One Arena
Wizards Betting Stats & Information
- The Wizards have been favored on the moneyline 13 total times this season. They’ve gone 8-5 in those games.
- When it has played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -123 or shorter, Washington has a record of 7-5 (58.3% win percentage).
- The Wizards are 17-22-1 ATS this season.
- The Wizards are 4-8 against the spread when favored by 1.5 points or more this season.
- The average point total for Washington’s games this year is 2.8 fewer points than the total of 228 in this matchup.
- A total of 20 of the Wizards’ 40 games with a set total have hit the over (50%).
New Orleans Betting Stats & Info
- This season, the Pelicans have been the underdog 16 times and won seven, or 43.8%, of those games.
- This season, New Orleans has won five of its 14 games, or 35.7%, when it is the underdog by at least +102 on the moneyline.
- The Pelicans have compiled a 20-20-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Pelicans have an ATS record of 7-9 when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- The average over/under for New Orleans’ games this season is 2.2 more points than the point total of 228 in this outing.
- Pelicans games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 23 times this year.
Wizards vs. Pelicans Season Stat Comparison
|Wizards Rank||Wizards AVG||Pelicans AVG||Pelicans Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Washington Wizards Leaders
- Kyle Kuzma leads active Wizards players in scoring, tallying 21.4 points per game to go with 7.5 rebounds and 3.9 assists.
- Monte Morris contributes with 9.8 points, 5.3 assists and 3.4 rebounds a game, and Kristaps Porzingis adds 21.9 points, 2.4 assists and 9.0 rebounds per outing.
- The Wizards get 2.4 three-pointers per game out of Kuzma.
New Orleans Pelicans Leaders
- Zion Williamson averages 26.0 points per game. He also grabs 7.0 rebounds and dishes out 4.6 assists per game.
- CJ McCollum adds 20.4 points, 4.8 rebounds and 6.0 assists per game to the team’s cause, while Jonas Valanciunas is on the books for 13.8 points, 9.6 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game.
- McCollum averages 2.9 three-pointers per game.